Can't start the game from beginning menu

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

I recently installed version .98d (I haven't played Transcendence in several months) and I can't get the game to start because it does not respond to my mouse clicks - I can't click "New Game" or "Quit Game" - I have to Alt-Tab out and use Ctrl-Alt-Del to close the program. I have no other issues with my mouse (basic Microsoft 3 button optical mouse with a USB connection). What's up?
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

I just noticed something weird that might help figuring this out - I was moving the mouse around and I noticed the "New Game" icon lit up when I had the cursor about 1/3 of the way between the center of the screen and the lower left corner of my monitor. I can start a game now, but I have to kinda feel around for the hotspots to click my mouse, the seem to correspond to a much smaller screen on the left side of my monitor.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

does it work correctly with the /dx switch? Or /windowed might work too.
Crying is not a proper retort!
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

What resolution are you running at?
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

george moromisato wrote:What resolution are you running at?
I started at 1600x1200, but I dropped down to 1280x1024 to see if it helped and it didn't. I'll try the switches now.
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

/dx switch fixed the problem, but either dropped the resolution down really low or blew everything up really big.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I'm surprised that 1280x1024 didn't work--that's what I usually run and I haven't had problems.

On the other hand, I definitely found a problem running at 1600x1200; I've fixed that for the next release.

Thank you.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I played this game on a 27 inch tv / monitor, and found it very difficult to play, but I think george has fixed that?
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I haven't played Transc in a while (last time I played, 'twas with a different monitor), and today I just thought I'd play a game.
I'm having these problems too. It's an 18-inch computer monitor running at 1152x864.
Clear Air Turbulence
Closed Account
Closed Account

Just wanted to note that I hadn't tried to play much since I made this post last year, but when I found out they were up to .99 now I got .99c, and it works fine with any resolution. Thanks, George, now I'm addicted to this game again.