Debug unable to be initialized!

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

After I ran TransData to unpack the game I get an error on loading the normal unpacked version-

Unable to initialize Debug file.

I have TranscedenceSource in the same folder, and copied down the exe and music file to play it unpacked. If I start the game using the unpacked version it works fine, and then it allows me to start a game back in the original folder.

Sometimes the debug file won't allow itself to be deleted. The error is intermittent.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I am getting this same error with 099b. The debug file can't be accessed and windows says it's in use by another application. Transcendence says unable to initialize and won't load the game.
Fatboy
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hmmm, I can make it say Unable to initialize Debug file, but it seems its only when I open multiple instances of transcendence.exe, but it doesn't come up with a "unable to initialize" error.
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I have to start a Transcendence game in a different folder altogether to get the debug file to be freed up.

It seems to get locked up somehow, then if I start transcendence from a different folder (even a different version) the first transcendence will start up again.

I just tried to start 099b, for the second time, and got the error. No other games or programs running.

Then I went into 099a folder and started that Transcendence.exe. Exited that and went back to the 099b folder and started Transcendence.exe there just fine again.

I encountered this error in 099a first after unpacking the game. Now it happened without having unpacked 099b. Only it seems to be happening MUCH more often (like every other time I go to start the game)