Loss of Thioseptal to Medical CSC

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
omniaddict
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

If you get the thioseptal from the Huari, and then go to a medical CSC (which offers to buy all of your medical supplies) they will take the thioseptal, making it almost impossible to find the gate to huaramarca.
CFG
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Also 'lost' some rescued Huari slaves to the Commonwealth. Id like to make them a new ~item~, like "rescued Huari slaves" which are not automatically freed. But ok, I guess Ill just take care in future games after this.
Of course you could buy slaves from a black market station and finish the Huari missions with that, but I didnt see a black market station/shipyard last game. So that may involve some searching.
However I didnt need the thioseptal. I almost instantly found that gate. If you dont know what system its in it will probably take a few attempts, but should work.
appleseed
Miner
Miner

Hi omniaddict, do everything on CSC like go to bridge talk to captain ,take anykind of dock service you need ,go to imflamatary but don't talk to medical officer if you don't talk to him he can't offer you anything thats all. 8)
godhammer
Anarchist
Anarchist

A few days ago I done the same thingy.... sold by mistake the thioseptal to the CSC... (and after a few hours I`ve realized that :) ) Now the problem is this... how to I find huaramarca??

I've tried to go in every system and use a system map - it isn't working :)
I've tried to use dominia powers in every system and had no luck.... what else could I do? except going back 4 hours of playing :) (that is my last save backup :) )

Can I add that item to the save game? :)

P.S.: i've finished the game 2 times using different ships and now I'm playing with the big slow one :)
hex
Miner
Miner

Because the gate has the attribute uncharted the map rom won't find it. I think the only way is to search each of the systems.

Try flying large circles around the system. You need to look at 7 systems starting with the 3rd one after St. Katharine's. The gate is 1200 to 1500 light seconds away from the centre of the system and at least 300 light seconds away from anything in the system, each grid on the map is 100 light seconds I think.
Hmm...
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Or just skip it. The reward is pretty lame. The incidentals from looting wrecks are better, but you can find other wrecks to loot in the course of the game.
Aeonic
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Half the fun of the game is flying missions for people, even if the rewards aren't that great. Makes it feel like you've got some purpose other than getting to the core which you can't get to anyway. Besides, its more fun (IMO) to feel like you're doing some good versus just blowing up everything in sight (although that's slightly mood dependent).
Last Cause Of Death: Destroyed by Karl Svalbard's last Lucifer missile, right after I blew him up. And the crowd cheers.
godhammer
Anarchist
Anarchist

Aeonic wrote:Half the fun of the game is flying missions for people, even if the rewards aren't that great. Makes it feel like you've got some purpose other than getting to the core which you can't get to anyway. Besides, its more fun (IMO) to feel like you're doing some good versus just blowing up everything in sight (although that's slightly mood dependent).
Exactly my point. When I finished the first time.... actually not quite finished the game... but I get to Heretic by going from gate to gate :) till I got there (I didn't want to finish it as there was no mission available in the military station... so I couldn't get the ID). The first time I've done the Hurai mission. The second time.. :) I destroyed the fortress :D... by mistake :D. Now I want to make all by the book..
godhammer
Anarchist
Anarchist

hex wrote:Because the gate has the attribute uncharted the map rom won't find it. I think the only way is to search each of the systems.

Try flying large circles around the system. You need to look at 7 systems starting with the 3rd one after St. Katharine's. The gate is 1200 to 1500 light seconds away from the centre of the system and at least 300 light seconds away from anything in the system, each grid on the map is 100 light seconds I think.
I've read the Hurai.xml I believe that was the one.. and saw how the gate is positioned :) .... but... to search like that.... I've tried on one system, and.... I better use the backup save... as this will take less time :)

But... is there a way to edit the savegame? :D or export like transdata.... and then edit it.... :?: :?:
hex
Miner
Miner

Oh, in that case you could do it by editing the .xml

Try adding this code to an item you have in your hold, (a fuel rod or something):

Code: Select all

charges=			"12"
	valueCharges=		"true"
	useScreen=		"&dsUseTualiComaDrug;"
It goes inside the <ItemType> tag, with luck this should make it act just like the Thioseptal.

You'll need to make sure it's loading the code you edited, you may need to rename the .tdb file and move the extracted .xml files to your transcendence folder.
Hmm...
godhammer
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thanks, I'll try tomorrow :D
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Or, start the game in debug mode (with the /debug switch), and enter the console (press F9). Then type in and execute:

(scrShowScreen gScreen 0x08020106)
The hexadecimal number is the one matching the dsUseTualiComaDrug screen. Note that you should already have had a screen showed before hand, or your game will crash. Just enter you cargo hold, and exit again before running this code. I have not tested that it will actually take you properly through the experience, but it will show you the screen.

Good luck.

.]
godhammer
Anarchist
Anarchist

alterecco wrote:Or, start the game in debug mode (with the /debug switch), and enter the console (press F9). Then type in and execute:

(scrShowScreen gScreen 0x08020106)
The hexadecimal number is the one matching the dsUseTualiComaDrug screen. Note that you should already have had a screen showed before hand, or your game will crash. Just enter you cargo hold, and exit again before running this code. I have not tested that it will actually take you properly through the experience, but it will show you the screen.

Good luck.

.]
The code is not working :D unknown identifier as i remember... :)

Now trying the code above :)
godhammer
Anarchist
Anarchist

I've made it.

After modifying a idem in my hold (a ablative barrel), when I was using it, the result was "The vial is empty".

So... i tinkered the code a bit in Hurai.xml .... i've removed the if from the actions :) - line 2158 ... in the part with the " <!-- Use Tuali Coma Drug --> "

<Actions>
					<Action name="Continue" key="C" default="1" cancel="1">
						(if gResult
							(block Nil
								; Use up a charge
								(scrShowPane gScreen "Recover")
								(objRemoveItem gSource gItem)
								(objAddItem gSource (itmSetCharges gItem (subtract (itmGetCharges gItem) 1)))

)

(scrExitDock gScreen)
							)
					</Action>
				</Actions>
into this

<Actions>
					<Action name="Continue" key="C" default="1" cancel="1">

(block Nil
								; Use up a charge
								(scrShowPane gScreen "Recover")
								(objRemoveItem gSource gItem)
								(objAddItem gSource (itmSetCharges gItem (subtract (itmGetCharges gItem) 1)))

)

(scrExitDock gScreen)

</Action>
				</Actions>
The gate was just right after sanctuary star gate :D far away in space :)

Thanks for help all of you!