No place to join Militia anywhere

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Premier
Anarchist
Anarchist

Well, I'm not sure if this is technically a bug, but I guess it can't hurt to post about it.

So, on my present playthrough, I've already gotten to my second CSC (several jumps past Eta Ceti), but I can't even land on them (or I can, but get kicked off immediately since I'm a civilian). All through the game so far I didn't find one single militia station where I could have joined the military - not one; and past experience suggests that if I didn't find any so far, there won't be any generated from this point out, either. I'm not sure if a military ID would let me land or even trade, but I don't have one of those, either - never got it as a drop, and the two black market stations (one of them a shipyard) didn't have one, either.

So what? Am I completely stuck? If so, then I strongly suggest that there should be at least one single guaranteed chance to join the army. Sure, I realise that the randomness means sometimes you just don't find something; but the usual things afflicted by this - tinkers, drug factories, etc. - are not particularly necessary or even central. With no militia stations, however, you get no militia missions, no CSC missions, no Point Juno, no Lamplighter - you're forced to miss out on a lot. This is on the scale of, like, getting absolutely no Ringers whatsoever due to bad luck.

(As an aside, could someone tell me if it's possible - and how - to edit my savegame and give me a military ID and a rank? This is my first Wolfen playthrough that really got off the ground, wouldn't like to play it through this heavily crippled.)
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

A. Go to the Rigel Agurelis system and win a battle in the arena. Then you can dock with commonweealth MILITIA stations, but you have to become militia before you can become fleet, which is the CSCs.

B. Not yet. I've looked into savegame editing, but it looks to be either encrypted, or I didn't look hard enough. Ask George or Gambit. Now you CAN modify your game data through XML, but you'd have to put in some effort.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

As an aside, could someone tell me if it's possible - and how - to edit my savegame and give me a military ID and a rank?
You can enter debug mode, and add the id's etc through script, or you can dl' and use the G.O.D.Mod from xelerus, and do it through there (without entering debug mode)

In either case i recommend you back up your savegame beforehand just to be sure.

.]
Premier
Anarchist
Anarchist

schilcote wrote:A. Go to the Rigel Agurelis system and win a battle in the arena. Then you can dock with commonweealth MILITIA stations, but you have to become militia before you can become fleet, which is the CSCs.
To dispel a misunderstanding: that's not the problem. I played the game before, I know how it works.

The problem is that there are no militia stations. Anywhere. Not even one.
schilcote
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Oh. Now that's odd. I have no idea whats wrong there.
[schilcote] It doesn't have to be good, it just has to not be "wow is that the only thing you could think of" bad
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

As long as ringers install military without ID you can win, but all the final weapons I know of are too high level for the blackmarket shipyard to install.

Get a Katana and go back to that blackyard to install it. Nobody checks for military stuff installed, just in the hold. Get 15 longzhou spheres and an ares archannon. (14 if it's undamaged) Fix it up and enhance it and install it at a ringer shipyard. win. If you did the Huari quest chain skip the archannon but still grab some longzhous to power the quianlong. Again, install it at a ringer yard. win. For shields a plamsa shield is probably best, but if the blackyard won't install it the Yoroi MX should do, but you'll need to be more careful and avoid allmost all fights.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This just happened to me too.
It kinda kills the gameplay cuz there's nothing to do except base raids.
The CSC missions are all that there is in the late game and when you get kicked off every single CSC there's really no point in trying to help point Juno. I spent about an hour ferian farming then about the same backtracking for equipment to convert creds to rin to buy a plasma shield.

I know that the 'Rogueness' is part of transcendence but when that means that you have 7-10 systems with no plot or missions, its kind of a drawback.

I probably wouldn't have been so ticked but I accidentally gave my thiospetal to my mule which died, so no Huari in this game either. double bummer.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Destroy a couple of Taikon dealers, install what you want to a Ringer, sell the rest to Teratons. Win :twisted:
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Digdug wrote: "Destroy a couple of Taikon dealers, install what you want to a Ringer, sell the rest to Teratons. Win"

Digdug, I accidentally toasted a Taikon dealer, and was soon after set upon by a Commonwealth Cruiser. After I defeated the Cruiser, I landed at a CW station for repairs, and was arrested for destroying a Taikon dealer station. Now that may or may not be a glitch. If it is not a glitch, then asking another to destroy a Taikon dealer might not be a good idea... :twisted:
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Darth Saber, if you destroy a Corporate station (like the Taikon) or a commowealth station, you cannot dock with them anymore.
Thas´s very normal.
Premier was just asking a way to "win"/"continue playing" without a military ID chip and conseguently without any possibility to get the Lamplighter or high level military equipment.

If you destroy a Taikon, you are suddenly rich, ultimately powerful (just get a IM90 and a plasma cannon and a Taikon shield) and you can deal with the Iocrym.

Of course you will be able only to dock with black market stations, tinkers (i think they don´t care) Ringers and Teratons.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ah, thanks for the clarification, digdug. If one were to use the Commonwealth Bribe mod, would that also clear up the problem of docking with a station after you accidentally destroyed one of its ships? If so, then it wouldn't matter what station one destroys to obtain better weapons, as long as one has the "bribe."
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

IM90's a hard kill because as I understand it you have to get all three streams hitting with upgrades to overcome the Iocrym's shield regen. You want a positron or plasma weapon for an easy kill.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

Blow up a few ares shipyards, get some deimoses and (if you're lucky) a phobos to go and chase you, then camp out near a taikon and let them do the dirty work...

---

Anyways, as to solving the problem with stations not spawing, I force a CW militia station to spawn in St.kats via my st.k's expanded mod.

The only problem is that a few of the missions become absurdly easy (ie, stop the marauder convoy) because of the "decorative" defensive turrets I placed around one of the gates. I think I'll need to nerf those and replace them with regular particle cannons (they use Tev7's). Unfortunately, if stk's city happens to spawn between the two gates, its defenses will pwn the convoy anyways. Now the city itself needs the heavy defenses to deal with the ares seige mission (for TX2, though I'm still getting it to function properly... ATM all I have is a ROM that will spawn the attack fleet- the fleet doesn't actually do anything yet other than home in on the player and attack him/her)
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops