Slave coffins and smuggler's hold

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Quirk
Anarchist
Anarchist

Docking with a Commonwealth Station while having a bunch of slave coffins stashed in my smuggler's hold gets them confiscated. Is this intended behaviour? The smuggler's hold simply says that it prevents scans for illegal items; what's different about the coffins?
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yup, that's normal.

Any Commonwealth station will 'Free' your slaves. If you want to do something else with them you must jettison out of your cargo hold before you dock with a CW station.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Commonwealth Station Does not confiscate the slaves, it just free them and let them live normally.

Spoiler: (highlight to show)

when a slave freed, sometimes they give you an item like longzhu spheres
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I have a question for you on this topic of slaves: I have a smuggler's hold and 15 slaves. I dock with a black market station and sell the slaves. Then a little while later, I dock with a CW station and get arrested for slave trading. Now then historically, in the real world you have black market ops and slave trading. Those who participate in these operations do not knowingly divulge this activity to outsiders or to the law enforcement divisions, because that is breaking the code of the Brotherhood, and there are fatal consequences for doing so, beside it is bad for business. Why is it then, in Transcendence that the CW knows about a slave trade transaction which took place in a black market station, while my ship was equipped with a smuggler's hold. Should this be considered a glitch? If so, could this not be modified to create a form of punishment to the player should he accidentally destroy a BM ship, - etc. Let me know what you think on this. And no, I am not a dealer in the Black Market; I am just a student of history. :twisted:
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I have a smuggler's hold and 15 slaves. I dock with a black market station and sell the slaves. Then a little while later, I dock with a CW station and get arrested for slave trading.
heh, I never actually sold slaves, there are other 2 places were to bring slaves, Darth Saber. :D
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Let me guess: Domina and the Teratons, right?
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Smells like a rat!
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Alterecco, would you mind clarifying that rather cryptic statement?
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I was just thinking that there probably is a rat on the black market station where you sell the slaves. Somebody is clearly selling you out to the Commonwealth bastards. I suggest you find him and punish him!

.]
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Thanks Alterecco for the clarification, but would you do me a favor? Please, do not swear when speaking to me; I am one of those rare indiviuals who find cuss'n and swear'n offensive. The Commonwealth is but a part of this wonderful game, thus being fiction it would, of course, have neither father nor mother, thus rendering your expletive of no effect, since to be in the condition which your expletive suggests, would mean that one was illegitamately born. So if you, or anyone else who speak to me on these forums, would kindly honor my request, I would be grateful.
As for your sentiment as a whole, I entirely agree. Someone has turned against the Brotherhood, and should thus be eliminated; however, it is interesting to note that it does not matter which BM station one sells the slaves at; I still get arrested upon docking at a CW station, or one of its affiliates. Perhaps this is a glitch in the program; if so, then mabey this could be addressed in the 99.d version. Has anyone ever sold a slave to a Teraton station? I recently purchased a human cadaver from a Teraton nest, which led me to wonder if one could sell slaves to the Teratons without being arrested by te Commonwealth.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Darth Saber, all of the behaviours of BM and commonwealth are scripted, you can read some code and check what is going to happen.
And of course you can change the code to your likings, but that's more or less cheating. :P
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ok digdug, does that mean that being arrested at a CW station for slave trading is supposed to happen?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

yes, very normal.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Okay, thanks for explaining that to me digdug. By the way, I posted a new thread on the Shipyards forum that you might want to see.