problems with dsExchangeBuy in Mods

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

When at a modded station that uses &dsExchangeBuy when buying a single item, I get the error message:

Code: Select all

No binding for Symbol: gInstallCriteria ### (and theInstallCriteria (itmMatches theItem theInstallCriteria)) ###
This only occurs in Modded stations (one personal and I have the Alcurean Mod) I checked the main Transcendence.exe against a backup copy, re-decompiled from TransData, then pulled my backup copy of Transcendence.exe with no effect.

dsExchangeBuy works in all the vanilla stations under the same conditions (buying a single item)

I'm really just wondering if there's something wrong in my copy or is this a real bug?
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Code: Select all

No binding for Symbol: gInstallCriteria ### (and theInstallCriteria (itmMatches theItem theInstallCriteria)) ###
All of the built in screens (Exchange,Repair etc...) require that certain variables be set before you access them. In this case, the exchange screen is looking for gInstallCriteria, which is a string representing which type of items this screen will offer to install. If you look at the definition of the screens (in Transcendence.xml i believe) you will see a short description of the different variables each screen requires.

.]