Transcendence on netbooks

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
django
Anarchist
Anarchist

I absolutely loved this game, but now that I've switched to an aspire one I can't play it any more.

I need a way to play the game at 1024x600, but it doesn't seem possible.

I've searched through the forum for "resolution" and some have suggested the /windowed and /dx switches. Would these help, and how the hell do I do them?

Thanks
django
Anarchist
Anarchist

This is really frustrating.

I figured out -window or -w and it does nothing - game still loads fullscreen. I tried using DXWnd and it still loads fullscreen. I reinstalled DX10 just in case, and tried loading the game -dx. Error message pops up that says "Unable to initialize DirectDraw. Make sure you have DirectX 7.0 or higher installed."

Perhaps transcendence is simply impossible at 1024x600. I don't even care what it would look like - stretched and weird would be better than having the top and bottom quarters of the screen cut off.

The only other res I have available is 800x600, which looks even worse.

I don't even know if forcing the game to run windowed would solve my problem, but I can't even seem to get it to do this.

I think as netbooks (and the Atom processor) grow in popularity, games like Transcendence stand a better shot at capturing the 1.6 GHz gaming community. Frustrating.
django
Anarchist
Anarchist

D3DWindower couldn't do it either.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi django,
welcome to Transcendence Forums !

I'm playing at full screen 1280x800 without problems on Vista. There are 2 black bands at right and left but I don't care, the game runs fine.

to use a command line switch, the easiest way is to make a link and then put the switch in it.
You have to use /
- do not work

Example:
Transcendence.exe /debug
Dalva
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

digdug wrote:I'm playing at full screen 1280x800 without problems on Vista. There are 2 black bands at right and left but I don't care, the game runs fine.
yeah i play it at 1280x800 also without problem. the only difference is i run it on XP :P

and how bad is your screen looks like? try post a screenshot