Solvent containers and small items

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So, I just had a commonwealth medal of honor destroyed by a cargo container filled with solvent. I know that a while back (a looong while back) ID chips were exempted from being solvent-ized. Perhaps this should be extended to other small items of the 'trinket' variety? I know I certainly didn't mean to keep that medal in the cargo hold; it was hanging in the cockpit, thank you very much. :roll:
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think that may entail editing all vanilla items that you don't want 'solvent-ized' to have some modifier to identify them, then change the criteria for the Solvent to exclude that new modifier...

At least the solvent never leaks through the hull, causing explosive decompression! Or the container breaks open as you're moving it and you get a little bit on you're pants....
It could be worse!
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Prophet wrote:I think that may entail editing all vanilla items that you don't want 'solvent-ized' to have some modifier to identify them, then change the criteria for the Solvent to exclude that new modifier...
Surprisingly enough, the code for this should already be in place.
Version 0.95 changelog wrote:IDs should not be affected by acid from sealed containers. [Thanks to Aniki, et al]
I'd think it would be possible to carry over this code.

Anyway, whether or not it's difficult to do, solvent containers become that much more...interesting...if they skip over your trinkets and stuff and go straight for your fuel and ores.
> = = = = ۞
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

perhaps a mass filter could be applied, and ignore light stuff.

something along the lines of:
(if (geq (itmGetMass gItem) 50)

failing that the trinkets could be overrwriten and given the id attribute.

HERE, a mass filter on the container that skips things that are 10kg or less, unless that's all you have.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Preserving mass=1 items would protect longzhou spheres and ROMs. If that is undesirable it isn't a solution.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm not sure I'd keep my antimatter containment units next to my bed, but the delicate electronic storage media probably lives up by the delicate electronic media reader, which is most likely in the cockpit.
> = = = = ۞
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I remember reading a topic regarding organizing the cargohold into two separate holds. One for general freight and another personal items. All your ores, fuel, weapons etc would be kept in the main hold, susceptible to the dreaded industrial solvents, damage and other effects but your ID chips, mission items (tuali symbiote) medals, and other small, somewhat un-useable, items would be kept in another location. This could be your cockpit, your personal quarters, a lockbox, whatever, and remove these items from being affected by the random events. Of course the player would have to manually move them from one location into the other. This would open up other possibilities such as docking with a Black Market station and your ID chip is sitting on a crate of Red Nebula Beer in the main cargo hold, you get kicked off the station. It WOULD be susceptible to the solvent until it is moved into the other hold. Items in the special hold would also not be available for use or sale (longhzu spheres, roms) until they are moved back to the main hold.

I realize this is a much more involved process of simply changing the criteria for the solvent but would have many more effects both positive and negative beyond that.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!