Possible Eridani bug?

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So, I just had Arco Vaughn's heavy raider hunt me down and kill me in the inner regions of the Eridani system. I'm not certain whether this is intended behavior or not.

Specific details:
I had taken and completed two 'destroy outpost' missions from habitats, and one mission to rescue a mining ship.

I had destroyed the guard ships at Raisu station and docked, but was not given the mission to kill Arco Vaughn.

I had destroyed All the centauri stations in the inner system; I don't know whether there were more in the outer asteroids or not.

The second or third ones do seem like they could reasonably trigger this, but it's kind of brutal for new players, especially if they've selected the freighter. Arco's armor is such that the omni-laser doesn't even scratch it. I've never seen this before, but I haven't played through the new Eridani very many times.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think it can happen if you stray too close to him and shoot him. If one of your missions was in the outer system and you accidentally shot him thinking he was just a generic heavy raider he'll chase you like that.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I hadn't even touched the outer belt. He definitely had not just decided to follow me.
> = = = = ۞
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That would seem to explain it, thanks.

Reinforcements were coming past a mining station that was between the gate and Raisu, and I picked off a few of them. The total must have been bumped past ten.
> = = = = ۞
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This is a nice scripted behaviour, however I was thinking that can be exploitable.
Destroy the required amount and then fly away near starton to get free help to fry Arco.
Darth Saber
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

But would you still receive the credit and thanks from Raisu Station, or would that honor belong to the "free help?"
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Who gives an expletive? There's no reward anyways.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

See, I've always figured the missile rack was the reward from Raisu, and the centauri nanos the reward for killing Arco. Pretty lucrative, really.
> = = = = ۞
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The rack (or KM500s if you have a launcher already) may be considered a reward for liberating Raisu, but the loot from Arko isn't scripted as a reward and doesn't require you to even take the quest.
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

There is also the Data rom on Arco's habitat but it dosn't do anything (yet)

I have gotten the Tritium propulsion upgrade from him 1-2 times. And the heavy claw cannon is a great score as well.

I normally don't bother with arco unless I come back to Eridani later to sell loot.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!