Ferians attacking asteroid

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I came back to a weapons station (Bushido merchant, IIRC) from a rather annoying combat with a flock of Molotoks (I'd blown up the BM station in the system) to find this at the Ferian Colony next to it:

Basically: SEVEN Ferian Warriors, staying dead still, blasting the bejesus out of a small asteroid. And a rather stupid centurion trying to get itself killed by flying though the circular firing squad attacking the Warriors.

Also several dead Miners.

What I think has happened here (much guesswork):

-Earlier on, when a Molotok had turned up, I used that colony as a shield. Fact.

-Several miners got caught in the Molotoks fire. One or two may have died.

-The LAST warrior to die was killed by a fragment from that asteroid, after it was hit by a blast weapon. This pushed the kill-count over the threshold where the colony spawns a warrior....

-Said Warrior is spawned to attack the thing that fired the "weapon" (fragment) that killed the Miner.....in this case, the asteroid.

-The huge amounts of fragments from the repeated plasma cannon hits on the go off and kill MORE miners....reaching another threshold.

-ANOTHER miner spawns...and attacks the asteroid.

-Rinse and Repeat the previous two steps FIVE more times....

Poor asteroid......that many hits has GOT to hurt. Still, if the ferian plasma cannons were mining tools as well as massive guns.......it would certainly be an effective way of mining......

Now, quite apart from the fact that I doubt a faction capable of building HUUUUGE plasma cannons and the best mining tools in existence is going to send SEVEN heavily armed and thoroughly evil looking killing machines to take on...well...a rock......this does also mean that the Warriors are NO THREAT WHATSOEVER.....you can kill them one by one, and they don't twitch.

Perhaps the coding needs tweaks so that asteroids (and wrecks as well, presumably, since they also create fragments if hit) do not create a Warrior spawn if a fragment from them kills Miners?
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

LOL. Nice catch!

There is a missing objCanAttack check somewhere in that Ferian code.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think I've seen this as well. I was more interested in killing and looting the warrior corpses than figuring out why they were doing it at the time...
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Fossaman wrote:I think I've seen this as well. I was more interested in killing and looting the warrior corpses than figuring out why they were doing it at the time...
That's next on my list.... :D
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This also seems to apply to dead stations O_o

As you can see, the Kobol Base is extremely dead.

HOWEVER: Even though nothing is getting killed (at all, except the warrirors that I'm pelting with my uber-enhanced TEV-9 of doom)......the Warriors are STILL spawning and going to attack the camp.

I suspect it's the same thing causing this as the asteroid bug (which I've seen 2-3 times in total in this playthrough, not counting this station).......
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I experienced almost the opposite problem but felt it was still a bug.

A ferian hive spawned beside an enemy station (not sure which) and presumably they began blowing away ferians as soon as I gated into the system. I can't say what happened for sure because I flew past at a reasonable distance and the ferians came after me. IT was only 1 or 2 systems past St Ks and I certainly did not have the equipment to tangle with ferian warriors.

When I ressurected I stayed at least 200 ls away from that whole area.

Does this count as one of those "insta-death" scenarios because it certainly felt that way.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ah...I know this is supposedly fixed in RC3....but it isn't.

I had a Penitant Shrine and a Ferian Colony next to each other in my current playthrough. One of my autons went too close to the Shrine. It activated its Harrass power, and blew away a LOT of miners.

So the base starts spawning Warriors......killing any of them results in a swarm of warriors coming after ME...and another warrior spawning to attck the (by now DEAD) station.

It's really annoying, having it happen. <_<
Prophet
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I just found another instance of this problem, a ferian hive in a cluster with a penitent shrine and a gate. There were probably 7-8 large freighter wrecks as well as numerous other wrecks that must have gotten caught in the crossfire.
I'm using RC4.
Coming soon: The Syrtian War adventure mod!
A Turret defense genre mod exploring the worst era in Earth's history.
Can you defend the Earth from the Syrtian invaders?
Stay tuned for updates!