Transdata bugs

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So...I started playing around with transdata a few minutes ago, and decided to give the /shieldtest command a go. It doesn't work. It says 'error: such and such item is not a shield generator. It does this every time.

Also, a bunch of the commands give lists too long, and they get wiped from the command prompt log.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

At least you can get farther with it than me. I can't get past the tables listing. When I try to get it to make the items.txt, it just goes back to the C prompt. Unless it sends the txt file somewhere else, I always assumed it would place it in the main folder.
When I try to call up just the itemtable for viewing, I get a message that it couldn't load Transcendence.exe
Icabod458
Miner
Miner

Greetings

I also had that problem but figured it out. When you do the /shieldtest you have to also have a shield name or UNID, such as /shieldtest shieldname. but you have to use the shield name as it is in the main Transcendence XML file. I then went thru the XML and found all of the shield/reflector/deflector items and did them all.

So, to get the info for, say, the plasme shield generator, it would be /shieldtest/itPlasmaShieldGenerator/name.txt or /shieldtest/0x00004039/name.txt . This should put them into a text document.

I have no idea why this was not included in a help file.

Hope this helped.