arena bugs

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

1) I just had a sapphire opponent somehow sneak through the barrier and make it to the outside of the arena. I didn't see it happen, but my weapons couldn't reach out the arena so I used the debug console to delete it.

2) the new thicker wall backgrounds are sometimes drawn on top of the green "visible" barriers for a weird looking graphical glitch, image.

EDIT:
3) now my lasers are shooting through the arena walls, image.
Ihlosi
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I've seen #1 and #3 happen, too. In my case, my opponent didn't just get out of the arena, he got back in after a few minutes (lucky for me, since I don't know how to play with the debug console. I blasted him to smithereens instead. :twisted: )
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Maybe the arena wall should be replaced with the sort of script used for the Heretic barrier.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

if the quarentine method works like I think it does, it can't stop projectiles, and is either restricted to slow acting circular shapes, or possibly game slowing rapid event running, but it could be modified to put the opponents back in the arena if they escape.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

It just needs to be thicker (with the current engine)

Those nice looking energy barriers of the arena offer too little pixels to block small objects. However, a nice big fat arena wall might not be a bad thing
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I'm still having problems with Kate from time to time, there were a lot of asteroids around the Black market station and Kate was just circling without shooting, so I destroyed the station, Kate docked with the wreck and then she just got stuck there.

Returning to the arena station just gave me the msg from Kate.

Maybe the black market station should be a bit far from the asteroid field ?