Trio of bugs in Trans 0.97 (Some unconfirmed)

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Burzmali
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I've noticed a few bugs in my latest run through. The first is repeatable, while the second two I haven't managed to duplicate yet.

First, when you upgrade your shields at an armor dealer, the shield that goes back into your inventory doesn't stack with other shields of the same kind. I have a screen shot of this if anyone wants it. I'd imagine it works the same way for any call to dsInstallSpecificDevice or maybe even the other install routines.

Second, there seems to be a way to unrestrict partially omni weapons, at least temporarily. While I couldn't repeat it, I managed to get the Dwarg xiphon cannon to fire astern when swapping between it and an omni laser. I swapped back to the laser after a few seconds and the effect went away. I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

Third, I think you can dock and rob friendly ships under some conditions. While trying to dock with an armor station that had a ronin destroyed in one of it's docking ports, I accidentally targeted a live ronin before hitting "d". For some reason, I didn't dock with the station, and I didn't move far enough to overlap the destroyed ronin. I appeared to "dock" with the live ronin and get the standard wreck screen complete with the option to loot. Of course, some hostiles flew by and the live ronin took off never to return. I couldn't replicate the effect with only live ships and I haven't found a friendly station with a docked wreck in the same configuration yet, so I can't confirm the effect. I might have been "docked" to the wreck even if I didn't move to the location, but it sure looked like I was docked to the live ship.
Last edited by Burzmali on Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Burzmali wrote:First, when you upgrade you shields at an armor dealer, the shield that goes back into your inventory doesn't stack with other shields of the same kind. I have a screen shot of this if anyone wants it. I'd imagine it works the same way for any call to dsInstallSpecificDevice or maybe even the other install routines.
I've noticed some weapons that have been repaired by the Longzhu Sphere also do not stack. If you have 5 damaged Laser Cannons, and repair them all they will appear seperately.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've also had a similar experience with docking with a derelict and it looked like I was docking with a live ship. It ended up that I was really docked with the derelict, but I was right next to the live one while the derelict was a couple docking ports away. If it happens again, notice what ship has been captioned (in red) when ya go to dock.

The stackable thing has happened to me as well. There's an oddball workaround to it; jettison all but one item then loot them back aboard. They'll all be stacked and will stack onto the one you left on your ship. Monotonous, but it works and it saves all those sell, sell, sell....for the same item.

One thing I've also noticed at the armor dealer; Click on the "upgrade shields" and it wants to replace a higher tech one (Yori500) with a monopole. Me thinks it needs to be coded to check the currently installed shield and a message stating you can't get any UG's if yours is higher tech.
Yugi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

FAD wrote:One thing I've also noticed at the armor dealer; Click on the "upgrade shields" and it wants to replace a higher tech one (Yori500) with a monopole. Me thinks it needs to be coded to check the currently installed shield and a message stating you can't get any UG's if yours is higher tech.
Or at least the "updrage" can be changed to "swapped", or even downgraded. There could even be "The shield generator is more/the same/worse than the one you currently have installed", or something like that.