nebula lag?

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
section6
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

ive got some major nebula lag, like in sanctuary my shiots go so slow and of i! its very slow and annoying!

help!
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yep, neb-lag is expected due to its heavy use of VRAM. There are several things you can do to help cut some of the lag out:

1) Reduce video display to 800x600
2) Reduce 24-32 bit display to 16 bit
3) Close out any additional programs before running Trans
4) Before loading Trans, close out ALL unnecessary TSR's (Terminate and Stay Resident programs) that may be running. Use CAD (Control/Alt/Delete) and close everything except Systray and Explorer, as Windows relies on them and will system crash if you close them.
5) Defrag! You'll be surprised at how much system resources you'll reclaim just by defragging your harddrive.
6) In game, stay clear of the nebulas until it's necessary to go in/near them.
7) Update your video drivers to the most recent build.

Hope this helps.
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Mine also suffers from lags, always when there's a asteroid belt in the system and more lag if i hang around there for a long time and when there are everspawning ferians. But in my current game the lag starts right from the moment i materialize in the stargate, there are 2 belts which is apparently to much to swallow.
I probably should defragment cos that's been a year. And thanks for your summing up FAD!
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Another thing too. If you have a system map ROM, use it as soon as you gate into the neb system. Then, check your map to see if their are any Ferian miners and Dwarg colonies-Hit them first and try to take them all out. This will free up a lot of lag since multi-ships also contribute to the lag.