[CLOSED]Capacitors in virtual ICX weapons

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Today for SW&A I made a "proactive shield". The idea came up on IRC a few days ago, and I had an idea of how to do it. Basically, the IRC idea was ICX device with a radius fragment. I turned this into a shield by making it low damage, rapid fire, and adding capacitor code to the virtual weapon, so that as it "shielded" it would lose "hitpoints" determined by how many shots it took to kill each incomming missile....however the weapon just plain doesn't fire right now.
Removing the capacitor code solves the problem entirely, but still, that negates the entire "shield" idea.

A pastebin of my code can be found HERE. I'm not ruling out an error on my part causing this, but the general opinion on IRC was that this is a bug. There's a workaround with sysCreateWeaponFire, but it's still a bug.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

looks like <AutoDefenseDevice> doesn't accept a weapon with a capacitor.

more than a bug, this is a limitation. Shrike, if you want, make a ticket as a feature request.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Is this in 1.05? I made some changes in 1.05 to make capacitors work for auto-defense, but I haven't tested it. If it still doesn't work, write up a ticket.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

tested! It works well! :D
Thanks George :D