[NOT BUG/CLOSED][Possible Bug] Mission Target

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I don't know if this has been raised before, but when you take a mission, you now get a mission targeting thingy on the (M)ap to show you where to go etc.

This has some flaws that I would like to point out:

First of all - when performing a Mining Guild "Go get rid of a Borer that's taken control of an asteroid" missions, the Map-Target does not appear.
Second - when performing two missions at the same time, the On-screen green-coloured pointer breaks
Third - The mission target only occurs for one mission - having two missions at the same time often breaks it.

I think there were other things but I can't remember them all right now. Has anyone else had these troubles?
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

What do you mean by number 1? That there should appear a location on the system map that you could see?

Number 2 and 3 sounds to me to be the same. What breakage are you talking off? That the previous cursor disappears?

The last effect is known, but it might be good to bring it up again. In both cases however I would say this is more of a feature request than a bug report.
trouver
Anarchist
Anarchist

ThePrivateer wrote:Has anyone else had these troubles?
Yeah, I have. At least I recall the 3rd point, as alterecco confirms. Basically, out from my unreliable memory, when you select a second mission, the onscreen information related with the previous pending mission is forgotten. Fortunately that mission is still on and can be completed, so this issue is not a gameplay blocker.

Additionally, if you have a mission running with its associated target sign showing in the map, then leave the current system and go back again, the target sign is lost. I suppose this is related with the above, I don't expect having two ongoing missions to make any difference when traveling in and out of a system.

These are reasons why I miss having a page/screen that logs past and current missions. The log section about past finished missions could show a status telling success/failure or other pertinent information related with each mission, such as the system it was originated from. The section about currently assigned and still unfinished missions could serve to display associated information such as "complete, you can proceed to your hirer to collect your reward". Navigating among them and selecting one could be used as a way to reenable the target symbol in the map and any other pointers in the main game screen related with it.

This has probably been overlooked/deferred so far since it's not very common to have many missions running at the same time.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

alterecco wrote:What do you mean by number 1? That there should appear a location on the system map that you could see?

Number 2 and 3 sounds to me to be the same. What breakage are you talking off? That the previous cursor disappears?

The last effect is known, but it might be good to bring it up again. In both cases however I would say this is more of a feature request than a bug report.
1) Yes that's correct. trouver has explained my 2) and 3) for me:
trouver wrote:
ThePrivateer wrote:Has anyone else had these troubles?
Yeah, I have. At least I recall the 3rd point, as alterecco confirms. Basically, out from my unreliable memory, when you select a second mission, the onscreen information related with the previous pending mission is forgotten. Fortunately that mission is still on and can be completed, so this issue is not a gameplay blocker.

Additionally, if you have a mission running with its associated target sign showing in the map, then leave the current system and go back again, the target sign is lost. I suppose this is related with the above, I don't expect having two ongoing missions to make any difference when traveling in and out of a system.

These are reasons why I miss having a page/screen that logs past and current missions. The log section about past finished missions could show a status telling success/failure or other pertinent information related with each mission, such as the system it was originated from. The section about currently assigned and still unfinished missions could serve to display associated information such as "complete, you can proceed to your hirer to collect your reward". Navigating among them and selecting one could be used as a way to reenable the target symbol in the map and any other pointers in the main game screen related with it.

This has probably been overlooked/deferred so far since it's not very common to have many missions running at the same time.
@trouver, I would love a log screen too...does anyone know if Captains' Log 3.0 does this? :?
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ThePrivateer wrote:does anyone know if Captains' Log 3.0 does this? :?
It does not.

Again, I suggest you post this as a feature request, not as a bug.