[Closed] Help reproducing this bug
I need help reproducing this bug: http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence/trac/ticket/340
Basically, it says that the CSC Antarctica doesn't fire on the player. I've followed these steps:
1. Go to the Dantalion system (usually via Elyssium)
2. Go to the Commonwealth station and pay 10,000 rin to get the location of the Antarctica
3. Go to the Antarctica and open fire.
4. For each shot, the Antarctica says, "Cease fire..."
5. At some point, it turns red.
6. Then it immediately starts attacking me (using its TeV9s and missiles).
The bug says that #6 doesn't happen (although it does turn red). Can anyone reproduce?
A few clues:
a. There is code in the engine that prevents secondary weapons from attacking non-aggressive ships, where non-aggressive is defined as "has not fired a weapon in some period of time." Since the Antarctica's TeV9s count as secondary weapons, they will not attack the player if he/she hasn't fired.
b. Perhaps if wingmen attack the Antarctica without the player then this will repro.
c. In a nebula, it is possible that the Antarctica cannot see the player (though I don't know the range).
If you get a reproducible case, can you please save a copy of the game and send to me (email@example.com