BUG: Barricades

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Using barricades as the ship's armor is allowed by the game. The problems comes que the game also allows to deploy (by using it with the U key) a barricade previously installed as armor. Then the schema en the bottom-right corner shows the armor's HPs but you can't repair or replace it. This only happens when you start a game with the EI500-class freighter which is the only capable of using barricades as armor.

Has anyone noticed this before or is just my copy of the game?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

This is also a bug in the current version.

In the next version you will not be allowed to use the barricade if it is installed.

Thanks for reporting these.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

OK.

By the way I am an old time gamer and it's been a quite long time since the last time a game had me glued to my chair in front of my PC. Transcendence is a very addictive game; it's been a week since I downloaded the game and I've done nothing but play: I'm not woorking, not eating, not sleeping, just a bit a breathing to keep going and A LOT OF TRANSCENDENCE.
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

If you want to dig in that deep you better download the oldest version on the site and finish the iocrym off first before moving on to the next versions.. have fun!
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

If you want to dig in that deep you better download the oldest version on the site and finish the iocrym off first before moving on to the next versions.. have fun!
I wish I had free time to do that, but is over, and I'll have to wait to an opportunity which may not come in some time. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.
Dosgamer

I really don't see the need for barricade at all. They are way heavy! And protecting a station with them is difficult, because of difficulty of placement.

And George, MAKE SURE YOU FIX THAT BUG! I lost a SWEET EI500 with a ton of tech because of it!
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Dosgamer wrote:And George, MAKE SURE YOU FIX THAT BUG! I lost a SWEET EI500 with a ton of tech because of it!
Agreed. It is fixed in the next release.