BUG: Destroyed targets

These are old bug reports that have been closed.
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

When using the Targeting System (TS) capabilities to the game forgets to clear the signals to already destroyed targets from the screen. The case is that selecting and destroying every defese tower of a Fortress with the TS active leaves an arrow in the screen signaling the direction of the target fot each one of the towers. Now if I come to a solar system with 4 Fortresses, 5 Caches, and 3 Stronholds, and I use the TS to aim at long range, by the time I leave the system I have about 24 arrows-with-target-name signals in the border of the screen obstructing the visibility of the display system. Note this happens with fixe targets only, is hasn't happened with ships.

Am I missing something or it's just a bug?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Yeah, it's a bug.

I've fixed it in the next version.

I think you can work around it by targeting the dead station and then switching the target to something else (but I haven't tried that, so I'm not sure).
palmiche
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

What I do is to use R key to remove the targeting when the damage counter reaches about 90%. Hopefully you'll have enought time to do that, with the problable exception of using a Shuriken or something.
SparcMan
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

george moromisato wrote:Yeah, it's a bug.

I've fixed it in the next version.

I think you can work around it by targeting the dead station and then switching the target to something else (but I haven't tried that, so I'm not sure).
I've done that many times. Use F to target the station (or defense tower/satelite) wreck and when you switch to something else or clear the target with R, it will go away.