Issues with the Raijin

Planning, discussion, release and support of registered extensions, libraries, adventures and other content is here.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The Raijin external slots are a problem. Especially the launcher. You get the tradeoff of a fair bit of swivel for the guns, though they aren't slotless like other external weapons so you don't get any benefit on the launcher, which only fires tracking missiles that I've found. You can't run a shield light playstyle because if you're attacked from the side with your shield down you lose equipment. You can't run with the power hog of a shield you need to protect your external slots down when not fighting because if you get attacked from the side with your shield down you lose equipment. Once civilian APD stations give way to military APD stations you can't replace a damaged Takao launcher without backtracking. You can't even protect a launcher with an optimizer rom or 10% enhancement the way you can a weapon. If you aren't using APD weapons there's little benefit to the Raijin over the Spartan.

At the very least APD stations need to repair APD weapons if they're going to be externally mounted and in an ideal world they'd be under armor.
Literally is the new Figuratively
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Atarlost wrote:The Raijin external slots are a problem. Especially the launcher. You get the tradeoff of a fair bit of swivel for the guns, though they aren't slotless like other external weapons so you don't get any benefit on the launcher, which only fires tracking missiles that I've found. You can't run a shield light playstyle because if you're attacked from the side with your shield down you lose equipment. You can't run with the power hog of a shield you need to protect your external slots down when not fighting because if you get attacked from the side with your shield down you lose equipment. Once civilian APD stations give way to military APD stations you can't replace a damaged Takao launcher without backtracking. You can't even protect a launcher with an optimizer rom or 10% enhancement the way you can a weapon. If you aren't using APD weapons there's little benefit to the Raijin over the Spartan.

At the very least APD stations need to repair APD weapons if they're going to be externally mounted and in an ideal world they'd be under armor.
Good feedback--thanks. I wasn't sure if the tradeoffs would work. I like the idea of APD repairing weapons, though.