PM's mods

Post about your finished mods here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Huge update to Drake Technologies uploaded to Xelerus. It is compatible only with the 1.8 alphas, and will not work in 1.7. Many of the items in part 1 have been changed, plus some new stuff. Part 2 should be functional, plus feature new content.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Not quite hotfix to Drake Technologies uploaded to Xelerus, which should fix the blocker bugs.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated and uploaded the following to Xelerus: Bag of Holding, Godmode, and Trading Post Menu. Their main changes are an API update and the removal of various custom images, thanks to new item picker features that made them unnecessary.

Removed Fabricator Quick Feed, which has become obsolete since 1.8 beta 1 features a similar feature by default.

I plan to cull more mods from the list, because I do not wish to maintain everything. In general, if I do not want to upload it to the Multiverse (eventually), that mod will be terminated. For some of the more memorable items whose source mods are endangered, I will likely preserve their code or concepts in the Drake Technologies/Drakian Legacy mod or some other way.

I will take a stab at a Playership Drones update soon. No details yet.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Removed the following mods from Xelerus: Ore Scanning Program and Ore Scooper and Auton Overwrite.

One of my earliest mods, the ore scanner, has become a double-edged sword. Aside from making it a bit harder to find the all-important targeting program, detecting an ore deposit would cause unwanted guests to appear and mine the ore. The scooper has returned to Drake Technologies, though not quite the same form it debuted as.

Autons have underwent major changes since Transcendence 1.5. Rather than maintain minor features at the cost of possible mod conflicts or compatibility issues with newer versions, I decided it was time to remove the mod.

Reuploaded Drake Technologies Alpha and Items Graveyard Pack 912. Drake Technologies (for part 1) imported two items from my other mods and received minor balance tweaks. Restart is required. Items Graveyard Pack simply got slimmer, with obsolete items removed. As I review other mods to maintain or remove, I may add items from mods to be removed to the graveyard.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Removed the following mods from Xelerus: Gopher Cargo Hold, Solar Reactors, and Wave Cutter. They were all added to the Items Graveyard Pack 912.

Reuploaded the following:
Drake Technologies Alpha: Minor bug fixes to a couple weapons in the Drakian Legacy extension, no restart needed.
Items Graveyard Pack 912: Added aforementioned mods that were removed.
Ragepocalypse: Updated to 1.8 beta 1, with new effects and playable in Vault of the Galaxy.
Slaver Pack 912: Updated to 1.8 beta 1, fixing various bugs along the way.
Wizard Auton: Updated to 1.8 beta 1, uses stock resources instead of custom rerenders.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Removed Tigershark Weapons from Xelerus, and moved some of the weapons from there to the Items Graveyard Pack, which has been reuploaded.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Removed Barrier Item Set and Wizard Auton mods from Xelerus.

Drake Technologies Alpha: Imported Wizard Auton as a new Tinkers recipe. Also various minor bug fixes and tweaks.
Items Graveyard Pack 912: Moved Barrier Item Set here.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Drake Technologies Alpha: More bugfixes.
Free Targeting Program: Free targeting also given to new ships player changes into. NOTE: Folder has been renamed!
Infinite Fuel: Added compatibility to Vault of the Galaxy. Also fully automated.
Ragepocalypse: Fixed a minor bug.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The mod massacre continues. The following mods were removed from Xelerus: Enhance Item, Hints Shown, Relief Pack, Smooth Criminal, and Take All.

Enhance Item only worked for part 1 dockscreens (and at Exsillium in part 2). Extending functionality for biotech and archaeotech dockscreens in part 2 was more work than I wanted to maintain, so unfortunately, it got cut.

Smooth Criminal may have been cute at the time, but it relies on overwriting entities to work, and for what it does, I do not wish to maintain it, or at least I do not plan to upload it to Multiverse.

The rest were horribly outdated, and I do not plan to update them. Sorry.

I will probably find more of my mods to remove as I update to 1.8.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Removed Options mod from Xelerus. The code has been preserved in Items Graveyard Pack.

Auton Assembly Hangar: Updated to 1.8 beta. Removed custom images, custom autons are weaker due to more demanding criteria, and more cargo space.
Drake Technologies Alpha: Suppressed error messages that occasionally occur on zapsats. Last stealth update removed Wizard Auton and added another ammo type for the shotgun.
Items Graveyard Pack 912: Imported Options and Wizard Auton mods. Options are not enabled, but the code is included.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Removed More Tinker Recipes from Xelerus.

Updated Fighter Bays to 1.8 beta. Get it at Xelerus.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Random-ish bug report, probably something you’ll need to gripe at George about. The berserker device still enhances weapon speed as normal, but it’s apparently stopped working as a repair device.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Berserker device has custom or special rules. It should not fully repair armor, only up to half hp or so. I will double check it later.

I am still working on updating Drake Technologies. Real-life has gotten in the way more lately, but some progress has been made. Lately, I have folded all of the drone bays into a single one that can level up (from 4 to 9, requires dock services to do so).

After that, I may try to resume work on Playership Drones and see what needs to be done to update it to 1.8.

UPDATE: Checked Berserker device, and it works as intended. That said, rates used for some levels may result in go-stop regeneration instead of a smooth constant rate, and that is an engine-side problem.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Okay, my bad, I should probably have actually looked at the code on that before posting. I hadn’t realized that it only repaired armor up to half its HP.

EDIT: I did possibly find another unrelated bug in the code, albeit a minor one. The way it’s set up, it looks like it isn’t checking armor’s repair level, just it’s item level. Assuming I’m reading it right (and no guarantees there, I haven’t poked at repair devices all that much), I’d suggest changing:

Code: Select all

(armorLevel  (itmGetLevel aArmorType))
 to:

Code: Select all

(armorLevel  (itmGetProperty aArmorType 'repairLevel))

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think I will leave it at item level for now. Some repair features in the game rely on item level (like +regen enhancement), and for now, I will treat the berserker doing something closer to +regen than repair from dock services.