Taipan GodShip

Post about your finished mods here.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Version 4 of the Scorpion GodPlayership renamed as Taipan GodShip.
Changed the image because Xephyr's Taipan ship looks so good.

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1599

See Scorpion GodPlayership topic in Drawing Board or the README for info on changes.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The GodPlayership is better significally. Filtering by keywords is great, just as I wanted. I like the new ship, great job for Xephyr wherever he was.

I was waiting for GOD targeting setting, but unfortunately you still not work on it. So then, I add target dockscreen to the mods, though its only displaying ship specification. You might would like to add more action like inspecting cargo, changing orders, and even destroy target.
Attachments
Taipan Godship.zip
New reworks
(988.25 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Targeting Dockscreen
Targeting Dockscreen
Untitled.jpg (220.18 KiB) Viewed 16419 times
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That's a great idea. Thanks. So we could find or create a ship, see what is installed already, change it to how we like and give it orders to test it. Brilliant.
You have already done most of the Inspect Cargo action and the Change Properties action can use the ship dock services screens. All that is left is ship orders which I don't know much about. And I know even less about enhancements. Warning to forum members: 'help please' topics imminent! :lol:

It might also be handy to show all the standard XML info for the ship class as well to make it easier for modders. This could also be done for stations.

I was thinking of using sysCreateShip followed by plyChangeShip and then modifying the ship when it was the playership but this is much better. No hassle with reactors when changing ships too.
Good stuff.

It might take a while though!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Version 5 on xelerus.

Requires 1.8b2.
Fixes Ship's Interior duplicate actions.
Added 'Search by Sovereign' and 'Search by Entity UNID' to Objects dockscreens.
Also "Travel Entire Galaxy" as per GodMOD.
Added an action to print all global variables to the debug screen. Ty, AP.
And added DigaRW's target module. Thanks. (But the ship orders section is a bit unreliable).

More info in the README and the Scorpion GodPlayerShip Drawing Board topic.
SiegeLord
Anarchist
Anarchist

This was super-useful in testing my mod, thanks for making this!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You're welcome. That is exactly what it was designed to do so I'm glad it helped. Full credit to alterecco, the writer of GODMod, because this is pretty much a cut-down copy of that mod stuck into a ship.

Seeing the specs for the "Wand of Wishing" has given me a few more ideas (warning: blatant idea-stealing will occur in upcoming versions! :lol:). If you or anyone has ideas about additional useful features, let me know. I use DigaRW's targeting feature much more than I ever imagined I would (thanks). There will be limited enhancements and station info in the next version but mostly just small changes to make it more user friendly.
Last edited by relanat on Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

V7 now on xelerus as the Taipan GodShip 1.8: http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1621.

Has a few bug fixes.
Added an "Upgrade Playership" feature. This shows for non-GodShip playerships in the Ship's Interior screen.
It allows instant installation of random devices and armor of a level selected by the player. This upgrade is a quick way to improve survivability when mod testing in high level systems. Credit to George because I copied the idea/code from his Wand of Wishing mod (thanks). Also thanks to NMS for code help.
Added the St Kats arcology virtual station to the "System Travel" list. It is named "Arcology of New Victoria" and, very handily, appears at the top of the list.
Also added the ability to set Corporate Command privateer ranks.
Removed the "Scuttle" action for stations in non-GodShip playerships. It can affect the game when immutable abandoned stations are deleted.
More details in the README.

The next version is already being improved. It will have EP ranks, the ability to jump to a system and then automatically to a "Find"ed station, a Taipan GodShip variant that starts in Tau Ceti if CC is loaded, a Mining section which creates ore and installs/gets mining equipment (hat-tip to marsrocks for the idea and the Santabox mod), and the ability to create minor stations (turrets, etc). And the plan is to get the Huari ranks/settings working too.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Attached is a 1.9a1 version. Requires 1.9a1 (API 45). There may be a few little bugs.

Hopefully the crashes have been fixed by an <OnGlobalObjDestroyed> event which forceUndocks the player from the screens that use NPCs if those ships are destroyed. Not tested much but I can't work out how to use the new dockscreen <OnObjDestroyed> event so we'll see what happens.

Identifying all unknown types doesn't work very well. I think it needs new code. Holding the button down for a few seconds eventually gets there!

Added a "Mining" feature which creates ore. Also added 'MiningComputer to the player equipment feature.
Added a "Jump to Target" feature which moves the playership to the currently selected playership target.

The mod now uses a Taipan base class. There are now three GodShips which inherit from it. The standard SOTP class which starts in Eridani, a CC variant which starts in Tau Ceti and the EP variant. I think the EP libraries are finally sorted now (again)!

Added a "Misc" category to "Create Objects". This is all 'T' stations not friendly or enemy. Excludes the Svalbard Explorer wreck as this has an unescapable dockscreen when created out of context. Barricades are glitchy.
Added a "Jump to a Station" action to the "Find" objects feature. Moves the player to a searched-for station in the current system or gates them to another system and then automatically moves the playership to the desired station. Also works for searched-for ships. A time-saving addition to the current "Find" object feature.

Added a "Set Station Abandoned" action to the Targets feature which uses 'staAbandon'.
Also a "Change To This Ship" action which swaps the player to the targeted ship using 'plyChangeShip'. A reactor is automatically added to the new ship if required. Commonwealth mil IDs get left behind when this happens for some unknown reason. Shrugs.

Also added is the ability to set EP ranks.

I will post updated 1.9 development versions here until 1.9 stable is released.
EDIT: now dev version 262 attached with thanks to AdmiralZo for the bug report and ideas.
EDIT: dev 262 removed 12 Nov 19.
Last edited by relanat on Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
AdmiralZo
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Awesome update as usual! Only one slight issue - galaxy travel doesn't work. It says " no binding for symbol 'destintation node' ". Seems like it's just a typo in line 437 of D789GodTravel.xml.

Could you please add a feature to set all stations in the galaxy known. Thanks!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Never enough time for testing!

Thanks. I'll fix it. And thanks for the diagnostics too! :D

And great idea about setting all stations known. I'll do CSCs as well, and ships with docking ports if possible.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

"no binding" error fixed. Thank you.

And a 'Map/Unmap' action added for all objects in the galaxy. This uses 'unvSetObjectKnown' on the "sTV" criteria. Thanks to George again for releasing the "Wand of Wishing" mod because the code is copied from there.
Note: we also set all systems (nodeIDs) known when mapping all galaxy objects so the stations can be seen in the galactic map. If required the systems can be set unknown again using the "Unmap Galaxy" action.
Although the stations appear in the galactic map, they appear in random order and there is no indication of "Hostile" until the player enters the system. No idea why that happens. (EDIT: It's a bug, credit to NMS for spotting and reporting it.)

Since I was already looking at the Wand of Wishing code, added a "Wingmen" feature to the "Player Settings" screen. Create Jenna, Rama, Volkov or the Fleet Centurions and Britannias at the touch of a button.
Will add the Huari, CDM Shard, Armor Forge, Commonwealth and Ringer crime, etc settings here as time and knowledge allows.

The <OnGlobalObjDestroyed> code has been changed too. In the previous version the player was being forceUndocked when non-relevant objects were being destroyed.
Now we save the targeted object as type data (even though this is a poor idea - maybe somehow save the ID of the object instead) when we first enter the "Targets" screen.
In <OnGlobalObjDestroyed> event we check for
1.'aObjDestroyed' is equal to the saved object,
2. the player is in a screen that uses targeted objects.
If so we forceUndock the player and play a message explaining why.

If this works OK I will change it to show the God Features screen instead of undocking.

New version, dev 262, added to the post above.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Dev version 262 removed from above post and 264 attached here.
Requires 1.9a2 (API 46).

Fixes a bug where armor couldn't be installed in the Items or Ship Dock Services screens. It was giving an error. My typo!
Attachments
Taipan GodShip dev 264.zip
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 264 times
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Dev version 270 for 1.9a4 attached. Requires 1.9a4 (API 48).

The "Set All Items Known" and "Set All Items Unknown" actions for identifying all game items works again thanks to new code by George.

Removed the <Items> XML from the Taipan base class. Items are now added in the specific ship class.
All ships get a BM and Commonwealth mil ID.
An IMU ID gets added to the CC ship at game start.
The EP ship gets an ED, APD and UAS mil ID added at game start.

A couple of bug fixes.
Fixed some enhancements where a screen counter box should have appeared.
Fixed weapon installation as well.

Added the ability to start the Huari missions at various points. Still a bit buggy at this stage. It is in the Ranks section but will be moved shortly to a "Mission Testing" feature as it isn't really a rank system. This "Mission" feature will also allow the Benedict missions to be started at various points.
Attachments
Taipan GodShip dev 270.zip
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 306 times
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Black market rank setting don't work. This mods still using "blackMarketLevel" instead of using unid &unidBlackMarketMember;
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks. I'll update it in the next couple of days (hopefully!).