AE Mod Collection

Post about your finished mods here.
Latheos
Miner
Miner

I'm enjoying TBR so far, but I've noticed that starting in Kibo with the AE - Playerships still errors out after generating the game. Zyr works fine, however. That said, I'm now exploring the new ships in TBR instead of using the Playerships mod - some real winners in there. :)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I’ve done another update on AE — Utility Pack, adding two new intro screen utilities. Intro Screen Janitor is conceptually similar to Intro Screen Sweeper, but with a ship that flies around to scuttle shipwrecks as they come up instead of simply having all of them explode at once. Intro Screen Target Acquired was written to give otherwise idle Viking IIs, Corsair IIs, and Viking chimeras hostile targets to attack instead of just sitting and twiddling their proverbial thumbs or aimlessly drifting off into infinity. The latter will likely be removed when George gets around to fixing the Ministry ticket the utility was written to rectify.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I finally figured out how to address the last incorrect entry produced by AE Function Help.

The problem is that intTranslate is just a variable that's set to objTranslate (a primitive). So (eval 'intTranslate) returns objTranslate. In order to filter out aliases of primitives, we can use (neq (convertTo 'string (eval symbol)) symbol).

Here's my current version:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE TranscendenceExtension
[
	<!ENTITY unidAEFunctionHelp	"0xDCC84000">
	<!ENTITY scAEFunctionHelp	"0xDCC84001">
]>

<TranscendenceExtension UNID="&unidAEFunctionHelp;"
	apiVersion="37"
	name="Avian Enterprises - Function Help (modified)"
	version="1.4"
    credits="AssumedPseudonym; improvements by NMS"
	>

<ShipClass UNID="&scAEFunctionHelp;"
		type=				"Function List Generating"
		>

<Events>
			<OnCreate>
				(block nil
					(sysAddObjTimerEvent 2 gSource 'AEBoom)
					(sysAddTypeTimerEvent 1 &scAEFunctionHelp; 'Run)
				)
			</OnCreate>
			<Run>
				(block (aeFunctionList aeDeprecatedList helpText)
					(enum (sysGlobals) symbol
						(switch
							(not (isPrimitive (eval symbol)))
								nil
							(neq (convertTo 'string (eval symbol)) symbol)
								nil
							(not (setq helpText (fncHelp (eval symbol))))
								(setq aeFunctionList (cat aeFunctionList "(" symbol " ...)\n"))
							(strFind helpText "DEPRECATED")
								(setq aeDeprecatedList (cat aeDeprecatedList symbol ":  " helpText "\n"))
							(setq aeFunctionList (cat aeFunctionList helpText "\n"))
						)
					)
					(printTo 'log (cat
						"\n~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\n\nF U N C T I O N   L I S T\n\n"
						aeFunctionList
						"\n~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\n\nD E P R E C A T E D   F U N C T I O N S\n\n"
						aeDeprecatedList
						"\n~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\n"
					))
				)
			</Run>
			<AEBoom>
				(objDestroy gSource)
			</AEBoom>
		</Events>
	</ShipClass>

</TranscendenceExtension>
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Time to announce a new mod: One Frame Turn! You know those playerships that are hard to control precisely? This mod is designed to help with that. Using the “X” and “Z” keys will rotate the playership one facing clockwise or counterclockwise, respectively. Ideally, it would be “H” and semicolon, but uiIsKeyPressed does not accept the semicolon, unfortunately, so I had to improvise.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Random United has been updated with a massive weapon rebalance, coming on the heels of TBR having gotten the same treatment.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

IronParrot reported an issue with Scuttle Shipwrecks suddenly not properly downloading as of 1.8b5. Given that I hadn’t done anything to the mod in roughly a year-and-a-half, I can only assume George did something that broke something somewhere. Regardless, I went in and updated it to hopefully correct the issue, and apparently it worked.

The old version was compatible with Transcendence 1.1 — before the apiVersion field even existed — so I updated to API 41. I think it should still work with 1.7, but I know it’ll still work with the current beta. If anyone has any problems on it, let me know and I’ll poke at it again.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

In the wake of a(nother) massive re-render for TBR, both AE — Playerships and AE — Overkill have been updated to take advantage of the new graphics. Also, Playerships includes a slight tweak to the Woodpecker to bring the shot origins in line with standard dual weapons.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Something on the Albatross broke at some point during the 1.9 alphas, and I have no idea which one was the culprit. Regardless, it’s been fixed and AE — Playerships has been updated.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

So. Been a while.

I just updated both Damage Screen Indicators and Intro Screen Janitor to take advantage of code added to the engine by Archcannon/0xABCDEF over three years ago. No need to bring up the ship select prompt on the intro screen, they now work as soon as the intro screen comes up.

Also! I’m severely out of practice, so I just kinda randomly did a mod for the sake of doing one. Simple-ish mid-to-high level hostiles; short range hitscan weapons, no shields, and high-regen armor. Probably balance issues, but I’ll deal with those later. Go meet the Errant.

EDIT: Okay, something needs fixed on the Errant link. I’ll sort that out once I’m not in con prep mode.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Okay, now Errant should work. It’s been long enough since I’ve put up a new mod that I forgot I needed to poke George to approve it. Which meant I needed to submit it for approval first. <.< >.> <.<;

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

…And then a minor tweak to Intro Screen Janitor happened because, while the code worked, I overlooked something in the process. Now it works as intended.

AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

This mod is more or less pointless for anybody who uses mouse controls, but for anybody who still prefers keyboard controls and occasionally has issues with precision aim, One Frame Turn has been updated. Previously, it only worked for 120-facing ships, now it will work for any playership regardless of facing count. I would have done it this way to begin with, but I needed a type/obj property to get added to the engine first. I meant to do this about two years ago but had a bad case of bluh at the time and then proceeded to forget until a random conversation on the Discord server a little while ago today reminded me. <.< >.> <.<;

aurigux
Anarchist
Anarchist

Any idea why AE_Errant.tdb starts downloaded every time I launch the game. The file is already present in the Collection folder but inside the game's collection library, this file appears as not loaded yet. Thanks
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The only thing that immediately comes to mind was that something went sideways either during my last update to it or when the game downloaded it for you. It happened for some people with one of the libraries with TBR when I renamed it, if memory serves, so I might have either typoed the filename or changed the capitalization on the file extension or something to that effect. My best advice is to delete the TDB file from the Collection folder and let it download again; that fixed it on the aforementioned library, at least. If that doesn’t work, poke me again.

aurigux
Anarchist
Anarchist

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:51 am
 The only thing that immediately comes to mind was that something went sideways either during my last update to it or when the game downloaded it for you. It happened for some people with one of the libraries with TBR when I renamed it, if memory serves, so I might have either typoed the filename or changed the capitalization on the file extension or something to that effect. My best advice is to delete the TDB file from the Collection folder and let it download again; that fixed it on the aforementioned library, at least. If that doesn’t work, poke me again.
Delete the TDB file and reloaded it back didn't fix the issue. The file still appears as Not Loaded in the Collection library but it's present in the Collection folder.