Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated v1.11

See 1st post for details

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=83
Silentdances
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I really love your mod. in both playing it and tearing it apart.

I've been working on a blackmarket/bounty hunter extention. and while experiment with different ideas, I came to discover.. that you can apply spread patterns to missiles. So if you were not aware, that may be something interesting to you.

edit: uh .. ignore that.. i just came across the TML
"Darkness makes the sunlight so bright, that our eyes blur with tears. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Life is hard. It is supposed to be."
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Hey digdug, finally got a chance to check out the difficulty selector extension.

I am a little surprised that setting the variables as globals and simply declaring them altered works. I wasn't aware that it could be done that way but it must be working, although I have a hard time telling the difference without more extensive playing.

At any rate, works great with Sys26. :) Nice work!

(edit.. oh, shootz- wrong thread, technically. This mod works great with everything too. :P)
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I am a little surprised that setting the variables as globals and simply declaring them altered works. I wasn't aware that it could be done that way but it must be working
yep, I was quite surprised too ! Such a simple way, but works great ! Maybe we should post it in the code tricks thread too :)

About the difficulty level, if you see plenty of viking II ships with x-ray lasers, you're in hard mode :shock:
(in normal mode they usually install turbolasers, and in easy mode just level 1-2 lasers)

and if you load the mod in debug mode, there are so many dbgoutput lines in the mod that you can actually see all the variables selected by the mod, it's quite funny to see the weapon installed by the random spawn ship that just gated in.

For the next version I would like to try to make the ships install random armors, but I have no ideas on how to do it :lol:
Periculi
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

When I initially worked on the idea for randomizing the ship equipments, armor was something I tried- but the armor install commands are fairly restricted and seem confined to the playership for the most part.

I then thought that maybe reorganizing the ships into larger spectrum of frame types might make it interesting. So it could get the same effect as your extended weapons, only for ships.

Of course, that would lead to needing to redo all the spawn lists for stations...

I never tried to apply armor enhancements, however- might be something you could do from that aspect that made for a more random armor strength distribution.
Betelgeuse
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

someone came on irc and was having trouble using this mod. There is a bug where it defines the "&itWasteCannon;" twice (in .99c that causes the mod not to load)

to fix it go to line 4466 and change "&itWasteCannon;" to "&itWasteCannon2;"
Crying is not a proper retort!
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

thanks Betel,in the past I fixed many bugs, I hope that this is the last one ! :D