Weapons Extended 4

Post about your finished mods here.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Okay, sandstorms probably shouldn't be getting shields. I'll put that on my todo list. WE shouldn't be slapping shields on unshielded ships. Ranx Gunships and Luminous Drones are supposed to be obnoxiously hard to kill. Actually, I'm pretty sure Luminous Drones aren't randomized at all. They have their own shield code that selects shields nearly invulnerable to whatever damage type drones from their assembler have been killed with recently.
Literally is the new Figuratively
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Ah! Of course, sorry about that. I guess I'm still getting used to playing the mid-late game without omni array lancers in the launcher slot... damn Luminous, they used to be a pushover.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Started over with a Stalwart today. Great ship, lots of space for customizing weapons/devices, turns slowly enough that precision sniping from a distance is easy. Cargo capacity is decent, and I like that it starts with a fast-fire laser. Have been enjoying the large variety of new WE4 weapons in the early/mid game a lot (which is my favorite part of Transcendence anyway). I keep discovering new and interesting weapons. They seem well-balanced as well, with some really nice twists on the standard game.

Did you check out the Charon Corsairs spawning when Ranx Outposts/Death Drug Cartels are blown up?

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

WillyTheSquid wrote:Started over with a Stalwart today. Great ship, lots of space for customizing weapons/devices, turns slowly enough that precision sniping from a distance is easy. Cargo capacity is decent, and I like that it starts with a fast-fire laser. Have been enjoying the large variety of new WE4 weapons in the early/mid game a lot (which is my favorite part of Transcendence anyway). I keep discovering new and interesting weapons. They seem well-balanced as well, with some really nice twists on the standard game.

Did you check out the Charon Corsairs spawning when Ranx Outposts/Death Drug Cartels are blown up?
That's not a WE thing.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The Corsairs? Cause I played all the way to Heretic a couple times before installing WE4, and this is the first time this has happened to me. Haven't changed anything else in my Transcendence install since first reaching heretic. But then again, I'm still new so I might be missing something. If so, my bad. :)

(The Stalwart is by Aeonic, but you didn't mean that, right?)

The grapeshot is great, by the way. Didn't realize I missed a launcher for this type of shots till I tried it. BOOM.

Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Anything to do with response fleets is not WE. WE doesn't interact with stations or ship orders at all.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Alright, thanks. Only other explanation is updating to 1.07a. Sorry for misattributing a bug.

Looking forward to the new version of WE when it arrives. Thanks for putting in such a ridiculous amount of work.