CSC

Post about your finished mods here.
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Have ungodly amounts of patience and stupid amounts of free time? I present to you the CSC playership. Not really sure if it's been done before (if it had, i'm sorry, I just had this epiphany today). It has everything you love (and hate) about the star carrier. Complete with 5000 tons of cargo space, equivalent of 36 segments of hexphase armor (I cheated in this aspect, you'll see why) and a quad omni tev9 with multi targeting. It also comes with 2 speed and 24 maneuver, so there's give and take. Tthe armor has been upgraded to be immune to about everything, but you can change it and equip whatever armor and shields you want - if you can make it to a friendly station.. LOTS of fuel, so no worries about that and a huge 2 GW reactor to boot. Balance, who cares? It's a star carrier. Enjoy.

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=703

edit: updated (for the 2 that dl'ed already), now has military ID. though you could probably implement that in yourself..
Last edited by Psycholis on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

cool!!!!
sweet!!
thanks

(oh and im the first to download)
Alex_
Anarchist
Anarchist

I've been working on a load of dockscreens in the last few days for a star carrier playership, with options to deploy and recall centurions. I'm working on an option to equip your own centurions as well, but that needs a little more work. I haven't started on the graphics though. When it's finished, would you be interested in combining the two mods, or coming to some sort of deal? I don't really want to end up releasing practically the same extension as you, and I don't want to clutter up xelerus too much. I'm perfectly happy to send you the dockscreens and for you release them in your mod, if you wish.
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

it sounds like you put a lot more work into this than i did. i literally made this playership in about 10 minutes. feel free to use any of the coding for your own usage and good luck with that dockscreen and carrier thing. it sounds great. come the time when your mods are ready, you can use my basis if you want to make your xml, just change the UNIDs. most of my work is focused on the Alcurean fleet (which may never finish) and more recently these new capital ships i've been posting lately. the CSC was just a side quest. ;)
Alex_
Anarchist
Anarchist

Ok, thanks! That'll save me a lot of work in a few days, when its ready. I think my work might be a little overshadowed by styro's rather awesome carrier mod though :(
Styro
Miner
Miner

LOL! I'm glad you think my mod is awesome, but I'm really looking forward to looking at how you implemented your mod. Hopefully we can learn a lot from eachother's code to improve our own mods.

In particular, I am interested to see what you do with the dockscreens and how you handle equipping them when you get that hammered out.