[Mod]Hell's Trinity

Post about your finished mods here.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

edited - nevermind what I said earlier

http://www.neurohack.com/transcendence/ ... 0693#30693
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Attention!
For all users of Hell's Trinity 0.7

I am aware of a current bug which may mean the Orion system does not load 100% of the time. This has been patched and will be released in 0.8, due to be released on Xelerus.de within at least two weeks, most likely at lot sooner.

Thank you :D
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hell's Trinity 0.8

Work on my mod slowed down during late November and most of December, but I resumed work on it earlier this week.

The main addition this time round is the bug fix that prevented Orion from loading 100% of the time. And what is it you find when you get there...?

Also added is about 75% of the main storyline (dubbed the Corporate Conspiracy). The last bit of it will be filled in with 0.9, and takes place in Orion. I was mostly slowed down by my terrible scripting knowledge, but I took a trip to the xelerus functions page and came back enlightened.

Also of note in 0.8 is a brief change to Ares weaponry that previously meant the player's armour was immune to damage; that has been fixed.

I reccommend you upgrade your copy of Hell's Trinity, so you can nose around Orion a little for now. Please give lots of feedback to this thread!!! Bug reports, levelling troubles, anything will be appreciated!!

Thanks alot and enjoy! :D
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Work Is Now Resuming on Hell's Trinity Beta

You've fought legions of Ares to save the Trinity from destruction. You've faced the very worst the Orthodoxy could throw at you and you've survived. You've been through hell and back. Now, with Hell's Trinity Beta, it's time to complete the storyline and find out just why Hell came to the Trinity.

That's right! Progress has resumed on Hell's Trinity! Version 0.9 will be the official Beta stage, with the full storyline, like 0.8, being the main focus. But there will be a slurry of fixes and tweaks too!

I would like all members of the community, who have anything to say, good or bad about Hell's Trinity to step up and post so that I can refine the initial Beta release as much as possible.

Thank you for your support during the project and I hope you will stick around to see the final two versions -- 0.9 Beta and 1.0 -- be released. :D
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Great to hear that work is resuming :mrgreen:
I do have a few suggestions though:
first, in all the systems and especially Orion the friendlies are in constant war with the Ares. Also, sometimes a fuel depot gets blown up and the corporate cruiser comes and blasts some of the Ares before being blown up. It is quite a bit of action but it would help if you had a bit of storyline, such as Orion is Rebelling. Then you could actually have a few stations that spawn ronins to go get blown up. :D The ronins wouldn't do much but it would be cool to see the fight.

That's about it really, great mod.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Drako Slyith wrote:Great to hear that work is resuming :mrgreen:
I do have a few suggestions though:
first, in all the systems and especially Orion the friendlies are in constant war with the Ares. Also, sometimes a fuel depot gets blown up and the corporate cruiser comes and blasts some of the Ares before being blown up. It is quite a bit of action but it would help if you had a bit of storyline, such as Orion is Rebelling. Then you could actually have a few stations that spawn ronins to go get blown up. :D The ronins wouldn't do much but it would be cool to see the fight.

That's about it really, great mod.
Sure. I'm going to boost the rebel involvement in the war - they will have more stations and be sending suicide attack against the Ares. (provoking the player to find a different means of breaking the Occupation beside just trying to annihilate the enemy).

Also -- don't you worry about the Corporate Cruiser -- he's got his own part in the mod just you wait and see! ;)
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

*Update!*

So far, progress is still being made - I'm working on polishing the Lincoln system. The silly infite-looping rebel mission is gone, and a new, more mature one is being built utilising some new scripting as mentioned below.

The information screens on the Lincoln Station have been re-written to include a new character and more information expressed in a neater way using " and \" where neccessary. Also, the Lincoln station now has a Commonwealth Station as compared to Sung, as I want to get closer to real Lore and Canon, to make a more believeable experience.

The new scripting will tie into the background storyline of Lincoln attempting to revolt under the Ares oppression; a Shipyard will be spawning Lincoln Gunships (akin to the one the player pilots) that will fly out and attempt to kill the enemy Ares. Thanks to RPC, Wolfy, Prophet et al in this regard.

One more thing -- open for discussion and input appreciated very much! I am not happy using the Ranx gunships, as I am bringing this back in line more with real Lore and Canon, after spending some time on the forums. so I am scrapping the Ranx gunships in favour of a different one from the Commonewealth Fleet -- what do you think the player should get to pilot?
I am considering a Centurion (however these will be much weaker than their counterparts, as the Trinity, though having the same shipyards etc of the Commonwealth is too far out to constantly receive new ships etc).
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Perhaps the player could fly a Ronin? They're old, rugged, and versatile. It would tie nicely to the rebel theme.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Drako Slyith wrote:Perhaps the player could fly a Ronin? They're old, rugged, and versatile. It would tie nicely to the rebel theme.
Old will work fine - I'm attempting to make it clear that the Trinity isn't being supported by the Commonwealth. I like Ronin's too -- I have to admit I've always wanted to fly one!

Anyone else got any suggestions?
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

OK! It's been decided - the player is now piloting a Ronin/A with a rapid firing laser weapon in place of the bizarre thermo weapon before it.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Is it an ad-hoc rebellion, or really organized?
Since this is a rebellion, I'd imagine that any ship in the Trinity would be given some shields and a laser to start firing.
If you want, you could just have several ships in a squadron like the Ronin series, IAV series, Wolfen, Sapphire, and EI freighter series freshly converted into rebellion fleet status.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

RPC wrote:Is it an ad-hoc rebellion, or really organized?
Since this is a rebellion, I'd imagine that any ship in the Trinity would be given some shields and a laser to start firing.
If you want, you could just have several ships in a squadron like the Ronin series, IAV series, Wolfen, Sapphire, and EI freighter series freshly converted into rebellion fleet status.
It's not an organized rebellion - most people in the Trinity (for now just the first Lincoln system is being concentrated on) aren't fighting. They're staying hidden from the Ares, but the Lincoln Shipyards, led by an old General are beginning to fight. It's from here that players get most of there missions. I suck at scripting so this isn't going to be too indepth, as it's actually only a side storyline to the Main storyline.

However, over in the second system of Bismuth, things are getting more furious and I plan to have battles going on -- here, the Ares is being repelled by an old military fortress, long since abandonded but now up and running at the hands of a bunch of rebels. Here there will be many different types of ships going to war, such as you mentioned.

In the final system of Orion, things are more subdued - mainly because the Ares have their Citadel here, a collection of Outposts, Communes and Shipyards. Plus, they happen to have a fair few Corporate Destroyer's helping to keep the local population under control.

I'll post in the other thread I made about creating ships and sending them to war regarding getting a squadron going.

Yes you read that correctly. Corporate Destroyers helping the Ares. ;)
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

ThePrivateer wrote:OK! It's been decided - the player is now piloting a Ronin/A with a rapid firing laser weapon in place of the bizarre thermo weapon before it.
I'm not sure laser damage is the best choice. I'm not sure, but doesn't armor become immune to laser at around level VI? Particle might work. It tends to be fast fire in the vanilla game.
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Drako Slyith wrote:
ThePrivateer wrote:OK! It's been decided - the player is now piloting a Ronin/A with a rapid firing laser weapon in place of the bizarre thermo weapon before it.
I'm not sure laser damage is the best choice. I'm not sure, but doesn't armor become immune to laser at around level VI? Particle might work. It tends to be fast fire in the vanilla game.
The armour on the Ares is at Level 4 - it's a modded version of it. ;)

BTW while I think to mention it, I'll be AWOL from the forums next week, but work on Hell's Trinity will still continue, I'll just be offline from the internet for a few days. ;)
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Another update while I think of it -- thanks to thehelpfulguys at the shipyards, we now have a good, decent, Go to X and Kill Y styled mission, which for me was a hell of an effort.

Now with that coding in place though, I can quickly and efficiently copy that and get more missions going...so, once more I ask for any suggestions as now is the most likely time that I will put it into Hell's Trinity. I now have over 400 downloads, so some of them most have come from the forums, so please voice your opinions! :D