Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominations

Post about your finished mods here.
User avatar
Shrike
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2652
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:27 am
Location: Scouting the borders of sanity (there's a lovely view of the abyss).

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by Shrike » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:01 pm

because of the forum outage, I'm taking the excuse to extend nominations until the 20th of FEBRUARY, with a probable cancellation on the cards (I'm getting a little too busy).
Your friendly local genderqueer weapons designer & forum moderator. My pronoun is "They".

User avatar
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2738
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Traveling in the TARDIS
Contact:

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by Ttech » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:22 am

Shrike wrote:because of the forum outage, I'm taking the excuse to extend nominations until the 20th of FEBRUARY, with a probable cancellation on the cards (I'm getting a little too busy).

lets get some hard core polling action here!

User avatar
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 am
Location: Starton Australia

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by ThePrivateer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:25 am

Ttech wrote:
Shrike wrote:because of the forum outage, I'm taking the excuse to extend nominations until the 20th of FEBRUARY, with a probable cancellation on the cards (I'm getting a little too busy).

lets get some hard core polling action here!
I wonder what the future holds for MOTM now with PHPBB3....I'm thinking of ACTUAL polls, the ones with the coloured bars y'know....like a real forums. >.>

PHPBB2 only let you do that on certain boards...but I think this would be awesome. That way, admins don't have to waste time updating everything! The board does it for you! :D

User avatar
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2738
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Traveling in the TARDIS
Contact:

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by Ttech » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:35 am

ThePrivateer wrote:
Ttech wrote:
Shrike wrote:because of the forum outage, I'm taking the excuse to extend nominations until the 20th of FEBRUARY, with a probable cancellation on the cards (I'm getting a little too busy).

lets get some hard core polling action here!
I wonder what the future holds for MOTM now with PHPBB3....I'm thinking of ACTUAL polls, the ones with the coloured bars y'know....like a real forums. >.>

PHPBB2 only let you do that on certain boards...but I think this would be awesome. That way, admins don't have to waste time updating everything! The board does it for you! :D

Just imagine a hard core real poll that stores to a database, you can't go wrong there, and I will come up with a template we can use for future months.j

User avatar
SiaFu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by SiaFu » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:45 am

Nice to see the forums are back.
As for the MOTY, I'd like to list (chronologically) several 2010 mods I liked, besides the ones already in the running:

PKodon's: NoDockNavBeacons http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=639
because it greatly reduces docking frustrations in Transcendence;

Azar Wolf's: Wyvera - a living ship (v0.92) http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=673&d=1
for innovative evolving ship changes and features;

Bobby's: Agauptera-class yacht http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=694
for the great NPC ship recognition/remembering routine;

Bobby's: 380P Packer auton http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=732
for clever use of overlays as a visual display of auton cargo.
Image
Mods here & there.Banners thanks to: digdug .

Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1036
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 am
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.
Contact:

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by Drako Slyith » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:21 am

Hey, its now several days after nominations were supposed to close. Are we going to start voting yet?
Image
Image
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?

User avatar
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 am
Location: Starton Australia

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by ThePrivateer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:27 am

Drako Slyith wrote:Hey, its now several days after nominations were supposed to close. Are we going to start voting yet?
Just between you and me, I think the MOTY is dead. :(

Shrike aimed for the moon....and missed the stars, fell through the Kuiper belt, seven stargates and got blown apart by some sung. >.>

User avatar
Shrike
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2652
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:27 am
Location: Scouting the borders of sanity (there's a lovely view of the abyss).

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by Shrike » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Sung are highly crunchy, and haven't killed me since 2009. ;)

But yeah, I'm both busy, and there's not that much interest. So I'm probably not going ahead with this. If anyone else wants to, fine by me....but I don't think there's sufficient interest.
Your friendly local genderqueer weapons designer & forum moderator. My pronoun is "They".

User avatar
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:12 am
Location: Starton Australia

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by ThePrivateer » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:04 am

Shrike wrote:Sung are highly crunchy, and haven't killed me since 2009. ;)

But yeah, I'm both busy, and there's not that much interest. So I'm probably not going ahead with this. If anyone else wants to, fine by me....but I don't think there's sufficient interest.
*shrug* Nice try though, but we're weren't ready for it -- maybe once we get some google doc polls working better, we can try again this year. 8-)

User avatar
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2738
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Traveling in the TARDIS
Contact:

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by Ttech » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:46 am

is this still be voting?

User avatar
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Posts: 1656
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:08 am
Location: Enslaved by the Iocrym

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by alterecco » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:59 am

I think we can trash it this time around unless someone wants to pick it up and run with it

User avatar
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2738
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Traveling in the TARDIS
Contact:

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by Ttech » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:32 pm

alterecco wrote:I think we can trash it this time around unless someone wants to pick it up and run with it
I mean I could finish it, but was there any actual polling? Or should we just start it over and go from there? Shrike feel free to stop by let us know what is going on. ;) The vote should have just ended?

User avatar
Shrike
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2652
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:27 am
Location: Scouting the borders of sanity (there's a lovely view of the abyss).

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by Shrike » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Well, I did say up there kinda :P.

But yeah, I don't think this one's gonna work, so let's drop it, and try again next january. :)
Your friendly local genderqueer weapons designer & forum moderator. My pronoun is "They".

User avatar
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2738
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:03 am
Location: Traveling in the TARDIS
Contact:

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by Ttech » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:59 am

Shrike wrote:Well, I did say up there kinda :P.

But yeah, I don't think this one's gonna work, so let's drop it, and try again next january. :)
we could just call it based on completed votes. D:

User avatar
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Posts: 2838
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:21 am
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Re: Transcendence Mod of the Year (2010): Rules and Nominati

Post by RPC » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:30 pm

So is this still going on? I have a feeling that it just withered away....
In any case, more PR should be needed for this.
Are there categories?
I nominate UGW
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Image<----- click to get to #Transcendence IRC on Freenode
Image
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests