[MOD] The Network

Post about your finished mods here.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Hey, how come I never had problems with Elysium in this? But still can't find Huaramaca gate though.... :?
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Elysium didn't work in the 1.07a release. It would give an error, and not jump to Elysium.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Drako Slyith wrote:Elysium didn't work in the 1.07a release. It would give an error, and not jump to Elysium.
I just finished Heretic for the first time (finally managed to figure out where to FIND the boss). I was getting bored of the standard linear style of progression within three weeks of discovering this game. Excellent mod, adds tons of replay value. And of course, some path-finding. I do have to learn to stop mining/looting when I don't need the money... last two games I played, I had over 8 million credits in the bank and about 1 million rin... ended up gaining money more quickly than I could spend it. You can make some really nice trade routes with this mod!

Really appreciate you fixing Elysium; the amount of back-tracking I had to do was occasionally gruesome. Is the gate selection in Elysium randomized?

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

WillyTheSquid wrote:
Really appreciate you fixing Elysium; the amount of back-tracking I had to do was occasionally gruesome. Is the gate selection in Elysium randomized?
no. It has the same gates as the vanilla system with an extra 2 rings of stargates, each with 5 stargates.
Tachyonfang
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Tachyonfang wrote:Thanks for letting me know about getting it in St. Kats;
Now that I have it, I am still having the same problem-when I access the Galactic Map, it works fine, but when I try to exit it, I get an error msg
Is anyone else having trouble exiting the Galactic Map?
I entered the above question a while back and never got an answer, so I assume that no one else is having the problem I am. The problem is, I am still having the problem! I get the Galactic Map via the mission in St. Kats, and I can access the map, but when I try to exit the galactic map and get back to the game, that's when it crashes on me

The Extensions I am running are as follows:
58_CommunicationsArray.zip
612_WeaponsExtended4.zip
683_ArenaExtension.zip
799_Godmode.zip
840_SFItemGraphicsLT.zip
848_The Network.zip (of course)
876_ItemsPack912.zip
1022_400NewWeapons.zip

I cannot seem to find if any of these could be causing the resulting crash, but I figure it has to be one of them. If anyone knows which one it is, please let me know?
--Tachyonfang
Front Desk Clerk and Head of Technical Support at The Alcazar Hotel, Freelance Genius (IQ 163), and Chief Orchestrator of Various Plots For Universal Domination
"I don't get it-why can't I just shoot them? I mean, after all, they ARE the evil dudes shooting at us!"
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I really don't know what's causing this. I haven't heard of this crash happening before you said you were having troubles. Have you tried a fresh copy of the game with the latest versions of all the mods? Could you also try it without the Network installed to see if this causes it?
minitru
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'm getting the same error: a crash on exiting the galaxy map. I had a bunch of extensions running, so I started a new game running only the Network. I had no trouble with 1.04 and 1.05, any ideas?
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I had to change a lot to update it to 1.07, but I didn't find any problems with the galactic map.
Tachyonfang
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

minitru wrote:
I'm getting the same error: a crash on exiting the galaxy map. I had a bunch of extensions running, so I started a new game running only the Network. I had no trouble with 1.04 and 1.05, any ideas?

Well, at least now I know I'm not the only one!
I eliminated all of my extensions except for a player ship mod that I created, and I still get a crash when I attempt to exit the Galactic map. I admit I'm not positive, but I find it hard to believe that a player ship mod could actually be causing a crash that only occurs when a ship function is called up. Am I at least "probably" right about that?
--Tachyonfang
Front Desk Clerk and Head of Technical Support at The Alcazar Hotel, Freelance Genius (IQ 163), and Chief Orchestrator of Various Plots For Universal Domination
"I don't get it-why can't I just shoot them? I mean, after all, they ARE the evil dudes shooting at us!"
minitru
Anarchist
Anarchist

I tried full vanilla with no luck. I don't want to play without the mod though, so I'm just not checking the map very often. I've also started exploring as many systems as I can without clearing them out to fill up the map, then screencapping it so I can alt-tab and check the map without crashing. It's not perfect, but it'll have to work for now.

@Drako: Would you recommend 1.07 instead of 1.07a? I heard it's supposed to be a little more stable.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I think 1.07a fixes a lot of problems from 1.07. This works now on 1.07a, as far as I've seen. People have reported crashing on the map, but I can't really figure out why. I've never been able to reproduce it on my computer.
minitru
Anarchist
Anarchist

And now it fixed itself. I finished my old playthrough, and started a new one with all the same extensions running, and the galaxy map works fine.

Maybe because the second playthrough is female? :lol:

Anyways, thanks for your input Drako, it's still one of my favorite extensions.
Tachyonfang
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Well, I have to admit it has never occurred to me to try playing the game set to female-I'll try that
Any other ideas, anyone?
--Tachyonfang
Tamagoyaki
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Map crashes on 1.08b :-( Old problem - game crashes during exiting the map.
I have two more mods installed (WE5 and Britannia playership) and must try to reproduce this whithout these two.
Sorry for my poor english :-(
Last cause of death: arena opponent + crappy Cyclotron shield generator (I was insured).
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Several people have had that crash. Could you see if it crashes on the vanilla map? Then we can see if it is a problem with the Network or with the map in general.