[Mod] Mined Asteroids Explode and more.

Post about your finished mods here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Uploaded two mining related mods to Xelerus:

Mined Asteroids Explode: Exactly what it says in the title. To clarify, ore bearing asteroids explode shortly after all ore is extracted from them. Aside from the fun of watching things blow up, this lets the player know the asteroid had no more ore left to mine. This is a very small mod, similar to the Ore Dockscreen Overwrite in scope.

SiniBlaster: Does three things: adds two Sinistar themed weapons, mined asteroids will yield crystals in addition to ore, and mined asteroids explode after all ore is extracted.

I considered merging the two, but thought some may want the simple asteroids explode mod without the extra stuff.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

So, unless I'm blind, SiniBlaster doesn't exist on Xelerus (anymore?), meaning that the ability to completely destroy all asteroids is now gone, since it was removed entirely even as an option from Mined Asteroids Explode. Any chance we could get that back in some form?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I removed it. I did not want to maintain it anymore at the time, since I thought it was redundant. I doubt I will to bring back the Sinistar related stuff unless I want to attempt a game remake. That said, I still have the mod, and I can update it to 1.7 someday, at least the unlimited asteroid destruction.

There is one complication. Since 1.5, asteroids gained damage thresholds for mining. Think of it as integer damage reduction as in some other games. If your weapon is not powerful enough (i.e., only does about 3 points of damage when asteroid requires 10 or so damage to mine one ton of ore) player cannot mine the asteroid at all. I should honor that if I allow mining weapons to explode any old asteroid.

I should also be mindful of part 2, Vault of the Galaxy. It is theoretically possible to mine in part 2, but there is no official mining equipment there (yet).
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.