My first weapons pack

Post about your finished mods here.
Macgeoghagen
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=871

It has 14 different laser weapons. There are 7 different colors, dual and single variants of each. Each laser weapon has its own unique icon.
There are 7 different shotgun type weapons. They come in cylinder, modified, or full choke, with double and single versions of each. There is also a blunderbuss with a wide shot pattern. All single shotguns share an icon, doubles share another, and the blunderbuss gets its own icon.
There are two short range omni laser cutters, a single and a dual.
There is a particle weapon with a high fire rate.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Macgeoghagen wrote: It has 14 different laser weapons. There are 7 different colors, dual and single variants of each. Each laser weapon has its own unique icon.
There are 7 different shotgun type weapons. They come in cylinder, modified, or full choke, with double and single versions of each. There is also a blunderbuss with a wide shot pattern. All single shotguns share an icon, doubles share another, and the blunderbuss gets its own icon.
There are two short range omni laser cutters, a single and a dual.
There is a particle weapon with a high fire rate.

Sweet work there! Welcome to the community of modders, if you ever have questions you can always check out the chat as well, we are always friendly there. Hopefully we see more contributions to the future.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

the icons are very interesting ! i like this :D
ThePrivateer
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Good work Mac, I really like the Lego Icons, they're quite cute.

I gave you a thumbs up for clever design, and the work on the icons, but I have to complain that the weapons are overpriced at 3300 credits (same price as a Nova-25 reactor!).

If you made the weapons a tad cheaper, it would be a really, really cool mod! :D

Good work!
Macgeoghagen
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I liked working with the digital LEGOs. I spent a lot of time screwing around with various ways to show the weapons. I tried showing them as a stylized icon like the weapons in old NES games, showing the effect with some statistics, even a cartoony thing showing the spaceship holding the weapon in a cartoon mechanical hand. In the end, the LEGOs were the best. I am able to show the weapon in a sort of 3D icon, and it takes about 5 minutes per weapon to move from basic idea to finished icon.

I'll see about the prices. perhaps the lasers could increase in cost by 500 per level rather than 1000.
Macgeoghagen
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The new weapons pack is uploaded to xelerus. delete the old one to prevent UNID conflicts.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Macgeoghagen, you can reupload a mod, just push the reupload button on xelerus when you are viewing your mod, and select the new zip file to replace the previous one.