Transcendence: Director's Cut

Post about your finished mods here.
Styro
Miner
Miner

I am announcing my new adventure extension mod Director's Cut.

You can download it from xelerus.

Description:
Do you dread games of Transcendence where the RNG gives you the same types of stations over and over again? Director's Cut can help!

The Director's Cut adventure extension uses the same basic story line as vanilla Transcendence but almost doubles the numbers of star systems in the game. This gives you more systems to explore so you have a better chance of getting a good variety of stations and enemies to encounter.

In vanilla Transcendence, most star systems have a selection of 3 to 5 systems that can be randomly generated at a given spot on your journey. Director's Cut splits those into two systems and adds a new stargate to act as a bridge between those two systems.

Some background and details for the curious:
I grew tired of games where the RNG gave me the same stations and I would end up struggling with limited options for equipment. This especially was painful when enemies began to be more dangerous yet I did not have any more options for improving my equipment other than trying to farm weaker enemies for good drops. So I created Director's Cut which gives almost double the systems as a game of vanilla Trancendence.

I have played the game through to the end and have not encountered any strange problems, but please notify me if you run into anything. In particular, I did not find Huaramarca or Elysium. But all my other extra gates seem to work fine.

This was my first adventure extension mod so the learning curve was steep, but several of the posts in the forum were helpful, and being able to look at how Drako Slyith did it in his Network mod was particularly helpful.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Good to know my mod was help to you.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I REALLY want to play this mod: but it refuses to work for me: Any suggestions?
has anyone had it working and PLEASE tell me the version / I have 1.01,1.05,1.06D ( lost my 1.0 & 1.04, I blew the dust out of the case and the computer returned to life thinking it was November 2006...I think i upset the balance of nature..)

Does it conflict with anything: should I run it by itself?, etc?
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Styro
Miner
Miner

shanejfilomena wrote:I REALLY want to play this mod: but it refuses to work for me: Any suggestions?
has anyone had it working and PLEASE tell me the version / I have 1.01,1.05,1.06D ( lost my 1.0 & 1.04, I blew the dust out of the case and the computer returned to life thinking it was November 2006...I think i upset the balance of nature..)

Does it conflict with anything: should I run it by itself?, etc?
Do you get a particular error message when you start Transendence, when you try to start the Adventure Mod, or at some other time? Does it just crash?

I am running it with 1.05. It uses the new Galactic Map feature so one of the newer (beta) versions is required. I am not familiar with 1.06D.

The other extensions I have run it with are AlmightyWrench, BarcodeScanner, NoDockNavBeacons, SFSpaceStations, and a few other minor ones I have made (new ships and random equipment).

It does overwrite all the systems so another mod that relies on similar changes would probably be incompatible.

I would suggest trying it with a clean 1.05 (no extensions) to see if you can get it to work with that. But if you can provide me with more details on your error perhaps I can see if it is conflicting with another mod you have installed.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I tried it with 1.05: everything out : loaded fine : added one item at a time :

my Antares6, Corporate Transport.....it was fine using the three stock ships but when I tried the Corporate Transport or Cruiser selection it would not get anyplace: just says in a message box " Transcendence has encountered a problem and needs to close".

So the issue is with non stock file ships being loaded into your Cut for the player: not the the fact that there were other mod ships present: battlestar galactica was in there too : during one of the test loads.

but it's fine: it does load, so when I feel like flying the freighter ill try it out. :
)

Styro
Miner
Miner

Interesting. I wonder what it is between the two that causes the game to crash.

Well, I am glad you found out what was causing the conflict.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

My Bad: i it was my ships " extras" causing the problem ( but they are in the game: so it should not have mattered )
I actually ran the Dragon Slaver through several star-gates, loaded it with the Stalwart and Starlight as well.

I am happy that I can load your Mod and see it in action : I thankyou for guiding me in the right direction to enjoy you great work.