* dual laser cannon
* dual recoilless cannon
* dual turbolaser cannon
* dual particle beam weapon"

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=911
Rowanthepreacher
Miner
Miner

This has made me weep tears of purest joy. I think the power usage values could stand to be increased, because as it is, dual omni weapons are crazily overpowered. Would you mind reducing the names down a bit as well, as they take over too much of the screen and market interface.

Other than that, excellent job. I've been considering making an omni version for every weapon, but I'm content with this for now.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I am a Fan of Omnidirectional weapons : and I am glad I am not alone :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
vcant
Anarchist
Anarchist

I'm glad to read you like the idea and the mod :)

@Rowanthepreacher:
I don't understand exactly your PoV about the power... could you explain it to me again?
About the names, you're on right... I'll upload the pack as soon as possible
Rowanthepreacher
Miner
Miner

I meant that the weapons ae too awesome, and that their power values should be increased to balance them out. For instance, I've been flying around with my dual omni plasma blaster ((5.5x2)x6) and they cost me 30 MW. The omni tev9, which should be more powerful, is 18x3.8 for 40 MW. In essence, the dual omni plasma blaster does more DPS, is a better base-cracker and costs me less to buy and use. This isn't a single incident though, all of your omni weapons are using too little energy. I wouldn't muck with the damage, since it's fairly reasonable, but they really should be guzzling more fuel.

Thanks again for the mod.
Amariithynar
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Perhaps a 2.25x modifier to the fuel usage rather than a flat 2x because it would have some inherant efficiency issues due to being linked (plus being able to get two shots of omni without having one as a launcher type weapon)? That would/should only apply to lower ranked Omnis, though- Trying to double a 200 MW weapon would put it in range of Lazurus uselessness. Maybe at level VI-VII they start to get better efficiency and go down by .25% up to level IX-X's 1.25x modifer and stay there?
vcant
Anarchist
Anarchist

I updated the mod for cost (increased values) and names (shorter than before).

I would like to receipt your best suggestions for power, so -if you want- pls look at newest release and let me know here what power you suggest :)

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=911
Rowanthepreacher
Miner
Miner

I've been eagerly looking for your updated weapons, but in two Eridani- St.Kat's playthroughs, I haven't yet seen a single one. Are you sure they're working properly? I've double and triple checked that the mod is in the right folder, with the rest of the mods, but the guns just aren't turning up.

EDIT: Ok. Started again, found some. Looks like it was just a weird quirk. Played around with the guns a little, but they're still not guzzling enough energy for my liking. For example:

Omni-dual laser cannon does 2.5x2 @6 shots for 4MW, 1650 credits and 2 tonnes.
Omni laser cannon does 2.5 @3.8 for 3MW, 1870 credits and 1 tonne.

The omni weapons are still crazily overpowered. Why do they fire faster AND x2? Why are they cheaper than their single-firing counterparts?

P.S. Is it possible to write-in a formula for the price of weapons and shields, based on their attributes?
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

I enjoyed using the whatchamacallit dual Mark I turrets. Works handsomely with a howitzer speed loader!!!! Double wham-bam-boooom!!!! :D
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......