PM's mods

Post about your finished mods here.
TheLastBrunnenG
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

PM wrote:New mod Slave Furnace uploaded. It adds an illegal device that lets the playership convert slaves into fuel. Made for the monster in you.
I'd only install this if you included a "YARRRGGGH" sound effect! The Heliotrope Destroyer does look suspiciously like a Druuge Mauler...
Vaiyo A-O
A Home Va Ya Ray
Vaiyo A-Rah
Jerhume Brunnen G
ImageImage
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

TheLastBrunnenG wrote:
PM wrote:New mod Slave Furnace uploaded. It adds an illegal device that lets the playership convert slaves into fuel. Made for the monster in you.
I'd only install this if you included a "YARRRGGGH" sound effect! The Heliotrope Destroyer does look suspiciously like a Druuge Mauler...
YES, I thought it was one the first time I saw it...

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

TheLastBrunnenG wrote:I'd only install this if you included a "YARRRGGGH" sound effect! The Heliotrope Destroyer does look suspiciously like a Druuge Mauler...
I included that sound. I agree that Heliotrope ship appears like a Druuge Mauler.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated Auton Assembly Hangar. The hangar may be enhanced, and doing so lets it use items up to level 8 instead of 7. It also fixes a minor bug where shields were down instead of at full strength when an auton spawned.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

V300 powered armor, here I come :D

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated Auton Assembly Hangar (again) and Reactors Pack 912. The assembly hangar does not build autons if it is damaged or if the ship is paralyzed. One of the custom reactors in Reactors Pack 912 self-recharged when it shouldn't, and that was fixed.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yet another update for Auton Assembly Hangar. The latest version of the assembly hangar may build custom mules. The assembly cannot arm mules with conventional weaponry. (Automatic defense weapons such as ICX are fine, and present a loophole.) Nonetheless, it is possible to build mules much sturdier than the standard 330M mule auton.

WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

PM wrote:Yet another update for Auton Assembly Hangar. The latest version of the assembly hangar may build custom mules. The assembly cannot arm mules with conventional weaponry. (Automatic defense weapons such as ICX are fine, and present a loophole.) Nonetheless, it is possible to build mules much sturdier than the standard 330M mule auton.
Man! I don't know how you do it, but EVERY TIME I think to myself "this would be great to have in a mod", you make it. Wanted to make sturdier mules for a week now... thanks, thanks, thanks. Your mods are very inventive :)

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I considered letting the player build armed mules, but that may be a step too far. It would also force a possible redesign of the assembly screen interface. Besides, if the player wants an armed mule, there is Playership Drones for that. Just buy some unmanned playerships, gear them up, and crush the galaxy!

WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Question: do I need to start a new game to use the updated Assembly Hangar?

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yes. I changed some UNIDs while adding the mule version.

WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

5th restart this week courtesy of your Auton mod :P gladly so, what a flurry of updates!

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Uploaded an update to Slave Furnace, which is now two mods in one. The new addition is an auton, called the Napper. It can abduct someone from a ship or station, turn the victim into a slave coffin, then bring it back to the playership. Yes, the game tracks misdeeds you can do with this mod.

RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

O.o That is so cruel PM!
I have 2 suggestions:
1. The slave could fight back, and then sabotage your ship
2. Put it on some Sung Slavers and allow the player to get "Napped"
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

"Getting napped" = instakill for the player. Do we really need more instakill situations?