PM's mods

Post about your finished mods here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I probably thought about Atari for that one when I tried to think of names to use. Yes, Parti does seem silly if one thinks of party, instead of "Parti"cle.

I am close to finishing yet another update for DrakeTech, with some items changed, but with the alpha 2 release imminent, I may or may not delay release until after then. (I already have a big list of changes, with some armor and shield rebalance, more ammo weapons, and hidden level 11-20 devices for possible part 2 mod).

Alpha 2 will add capacitor (and temperature) to properties that can be changed, and I can finally redo build-up weapons as I originally planned.

I removed Solaris from DrakeTech because it was basically a blatant wishlist item and it did not fit since brand names on items (e.g., EI, NAMI, Solon) were introduced. As consolation, I added a Tinker recipe that adds +solar mod to one of the new "gilded armors".

DrakeTech began as an offshoot of my favorite items from Items912. I am slowly trying to assemble a theme or focus for an eventual attempt at a fully-fleshed extension ala Corporate Command. I should try to build ships and stations, then more resources. Then think of excuse plot to hook onto the game. I have a general idea what I want to do (which I posted pieces of here-and-there), and I should write and post those ideas into another topic.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

PM wrote:I removed Solaris from DrakeTech because it was basically a blatant wishlist item
That they were. I think the biggest 'problem' with them was that they had too much of everything. Thier main gimmick was allowing you to pretty much ignore fuel forever, but they also had decent resistances across the board (except blast on light solaris) and were eventually immune to pretty much every status effect going.

They might have been a bit less ott if they instead were expicitly vulnerable to every status effect and had terrible matter resistance even at lv.10, so it then forces the player to pick ONE negative to nullify or just deal with it in exchange for not messing with fuel.

Maybe something for another time perhaps....
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Reuploaded Drake Technologies to Xelerus. It adds more items and rebalances some armor and shields. Few items were removed. Restart is required.

Release of 1.7 Alpha 2 seems imminent, and once that is out, I will have more things to experiment with and another update to work on.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated both Drake Technologies Alpha and Trading Post Menu to 1.7 alpha 2b and uploaded to Xelerus. I plan to update more mods when I can.

Drake Technologies Alpha received more items (including ore scooper and two more autons), more balance tweaks, and an update to its lone quest.

Trading Post Menu has the Corporate Trading Post overwrite updated. This means it uses the latest trading post station with level dependent stock instead of the 1.6 version. Do *NOT* get this via Resource Library 912. Get from from the Trading Post Menu page at Xelerus.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

New uploads:
Auton Assembly Hangar for 1.7: The 1.6 version is still there, for now. The new 1.7 version features harsher item and mass limits.
Solar Reactors: These reactors may be refueled simply by being near a star, but do not accept fuel rods. This is an update of the solar reactors from old Reactor Pack 912.

Updated the following:
Bag of Holding: Fixes infinite dockscreen loop bug in 1.7.
Drake Technologies Alpha: New items, including an energy launcher, reactors, and a solar shield. Ore scooper removed and exported to another mod.
Items Graveyard Pack 912: Removed more items. Added Ammo Clips mod. This is now a dumping ground or graveyard for old and/or weird items.
Ore Scanning Program and Scooper: Ore scanner emits shockwaves when scanning. Imported ore scooper from Drake Technologies Alpha.
Playership Drones v7 Beta: Updated Sigyn playership, shipyards have level appropriate stock, and some bug fixes.
Star Castle Arcade: Simple API update; uses new fuel functions. No gameplay change.
Trading Post Menu: Bug fix - descriptions of unidentified items are not shown.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated the following:
Drake Technologies Alpha: Fixed minor description bugs and tweaked laser charger.
List Ammo Compatibility: Fixed bug where compatible weapons did not appear since API 30.
Mined Asteroids Explode: This no longer overwrites any code.
Playership Drones v7 Beta: Added virtual speed launcher device to fake dual launchers. Used by Corporote Cruiser and Sigyn.
PSD7 Beta Ships: Xelerus Mod Patches: Added speed launcher to Lindworm, which requires updated PSD7. Also updated to API 30.
Xen System: Removed all level 11 weapons.

NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I am a beginner, if I can't click, drop, drag and highlight it I can't install it. Is their a simple way to install MODS into the vanilla game without complicated processes? Also is their a specific order to install a MOD too? Please help me MOD GODS!!!
NH620
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:I am a beginner, if I can't click, drop, drag and highlight it I can't install it. Is their a simple way to install MODS into the vanilla game without complicated processes? Also is their a specific order to install a MOD too? Please help me MOD GODS!!!
You should be able to put the mods into a folder named "Extensions" in the same directory as Transcendence.

What specific issue are you having?
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

The MOD GODS answer me thank you!!!
Last edited by NIGHTHAWK620 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
NH620
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Xephyr wrote:
NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:I am a beginner, if I can't click, drop, drag and highlight it I can't install it. Is their a simple way to install MODS into the vanilla game without complicated processes? Also is their a specific order to install a MOD too? Please help me MOD GODS!!!
You should be able to put the mods into a folder named "Extensions" in the same directory as Transcendence.

What specific issue are you having?
When I install MOD that way I was missing key elements in the game like player ship images. Did I install it in the wrong order and / or forgot something?
NH620
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:When I install MOD that way I was missing key elements in the game like player ship images. Did I install it in the wrong order and / or forgot something?
Sounds to me like you didn't include the graphics libraries.

If you're trying to use Playership Drones, make sure you have the HD expansion from Multiverse, then download these:

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1530
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1529
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1528
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
NIGHTHAWK620
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Xephyr wrote:
NIGHTHAWK620 wrote:When I install MOD that way I was missing key elements in the game like player ship images. Did I install it in the wrong order and / or forgot something?
Sounds to me like you didn't include the graphics libraries.

If you're trying to use Playership Drones, make sure you have the HD expansion from Multiverse, then download these:

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1530
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1529
http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1528
Will do MOD GOD!!! THANK YOU!!
NH620
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated Godmode for 1.7 Beta 4 (and API 33), and uploaded to Xelerus. This is the unfinished rework of Godmode, and it does not have as many features as G.O.D. or even earlier versions of Godmode. However, it may be handy for those who want a G.O.D.-like utility for either part 1 or part 2. I will resume work to finish Godmode when I get to it.

ATR
Anarchist
Anarchist

Reporting a bug in 1.7 beta 5 (Steam version).

When acquiring an npc wingman, player loses all id chips from cargoholds.

It also seems to remove the ability to gain any more id chips in the game (can't earn from missions, etc)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated Playership Drones for 1.7 beta 6. This should fix a bug that prevented field repairs from appearing at most shipwrecks. Also added support for Elixir and Excruciator ships. This update is not quite complete (read: not all new ships have support yet), just enough to function.