PM's mods

Post about your finished mods here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: PM's mods

Post by PM » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:52 am

Updated Star Castle Arcade for 1.7 beta 6. This fixes a possible crash bug at the intro screen and one other minor display bug.
Download and Play in 1.7 Beta...
Playership Drones v7 (Beta): Acquire and command almost any ship in Stars of the Pilgrim or Eternity Port.
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat! (Stuff for part 2: VotG in development...)
Star Castle Arcade: Relive classic arcade gaming in a new Transcendence adventure!
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.

Latheos
Anarchist
Anarchist

Post by Latheos » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:49 am

I've been unable to get the Trading List to fire then at trading posts. When I do a search, it shows the default listing, rather than a list as indicated by the screenshots. Is there something I should be doing to make it give me a list, like sending a blank query?

Alternately, I really ought to spend some time testing the mods I run individually to figure out some odd behavior I've been running into, like the manufacturing stations crashing the game when clicking "buy" after I've already bought everything, or (in a recent game) I visited a station called Fort Astoria in the Ungoverned Territories, and when docking at the station, the greeting was a code hash (apparently some ID was missing). I'm just having fun getting used to the game, and haven't wanted to do my due diligence in testing the errors. I used to be a QA Test Engineer, but my excuse is that I've retired. ;-)

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by PM » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:12 am

The mod works for me.

My trading post mod overrides the Corporate Trading Post. Perhaps there is a conflict with another mod that tries to overwrite it too?

I have two versions of the mod available, one for 1.6 and another for one of the earlier 1.7 releases. I need to update the 1.7 version since the original trading post got some minor stat changes.

In the trading post mod, inputting nothing (i.e, simply pressing Enter for blank query) lists all eligible items.
Playership Drones v7 (Beta): Acquire and command almost any ship in Stars of the Pilgrim or Eternity Port.
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat! (Stuff for part 2: VotG in development...)
Star Castle Arcade: Relive classic arcade gaming in a new Transcendence adventure!

Latheos
Anarchist
Anarchist

Post by Latheos » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Got an odd one for you, PM. The Blu-Ray laser (from the Drake Tech pack) doesn't make any sounds when Shrike 'N' AssumedPseudonym's Superior Sounds (Alpha) is enabled. Any ideas?

AssumedPseudonym
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Post by AssumedPseudonym » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:08 pm

That’s an interaction between SNAPSS and Drake weapons. PM has a few that don’t properly sound off, including DDTs and zapsats (among probably others). Anything that creates its fire in an <OnFireWeapon> event is going to be silent with SNAPSS unless either the shot being created is from a weapon with a custom sound defined or a specific non-vanilla-weapon sound is played via script. The reason for that is that SNAPSS overwrites the vanilla weapon sounds with silent WAV files and plays sounds from the source object whenever any weapon is fired (outside of fancy scripting shenanigans) based on damage type and average damage.

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by PM » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:15 pm

Yes, some of my stuff abuse event shenanigans and is script-heavy. Still, there is probably a way to fix missing sounds.

Note on Blu-Ray laser, it has not survived the transition to hitscan beams and will be replaced on the next update.

Latheos
Anarchist
Anarchist

Post by Latheos » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:38 am

PM wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:12 am

My trading post mod overrides the Corporate Trading Post. Perhaps there is a conflict with another mod that tries to overwrite it too?
I went digging through the extensions I'm using, and believe I've found the culprit: Shrike's Mines and Missiles also modifies the corporate trading post. I'll post over in their thread as well, in the hopes that future releases will play nicely together. :)

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by PM » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Reuploaded Drake Technologies Alpha for 1.7 beta. This is a minor update that rebalances the plasma gun, hopefully better for George's Twitch playthrough. It is a small taste of the massive changes I am working on for the eventual upload of Drake Technologies Alpha for 1.7. Once it is ready, both 1.6 and 1.7 beta versions of Drake Technologies will be removed.