[MOD] Dynamic Systems V6.d

Post about your finished mods here.
Hatsuya Kanzaki
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: leading an armada of Realians driving sword-shaped gunships and WearGears

The sun is a game-breaker, it's a double-edged blessing! Out of a radiated freighter, I sold a Korolov package for like 15k on a Commonwealth station, but the bad news is... I'll be able to gate-out, with damage though! Make things worse, those Sun Anomalies won't be good in Network.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Make things worse, those Sun Anomalies won't be good in Network.
Why?
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
Hatsuya Kanzaki
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: leading an armada of Realians driving sword-shaped gunships and WearGears

RPC wrote:
Why?
Most of the stargates are within the suns' reaches. It'll be difficult to those who'd not use Domina's powers too, unless you got Omsk stuff early on, and got naughty selling off Korolov containers from radiated freighters.
Drako Slyith
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer
Location: Researching how to make St. Kats star go supernova.

Hatsuya Kanzaki wrote:
RPC wrote:
Why?
Most of the stargates are within the suns' reaches. It'll be difficult to those who'd not use Domina's powers too, unless you got Omsk stuff early on, and got naughty selling off Korolov containers from radiated freighters.
Nothing in the Network's code says that the stargates are all close to the star. The stargates are Inbound is ++Inner system, Outbound is ++Outer system (like normal). If it has a third stargate, it is just +inner system. Therefore there should be at least one stargate going forward in the outer system.
Play in over 100 systems in a network. Play the 2011 Mod Of the Year
and the highest rated mod on Xelerus, The Network.
Play the July Mod of the Month, Fellow Pilgrims!
Play My other mods as well
(Drako Slyith)* I am a person
(Eliza chatbot)> Do you believe it is normal to be a person?
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Most of the stargates are within the suns' reaches.
One more space hazard for a Pilgrim...
Okay, I'll try to make the solar flares closer to the sun.

As for the freighter, I thought they needed some loot ;)
What exactly are they supposed to be freighting anyways? I just thought a little extra cash might come in handy :D
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

Thanks RPC, I just downoaded it. :D
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

eric dela cruz: Good luck, you'll need it ;)
Dash_Merc
Anarchist
Anarchist

I just edited the XML to remove the suns' firing events. I liked the idea, but the sun was destroying half the stations in any system, and moving asteroids all over the place. And the nonstop piles and piles of irradiated ships was getting ridiculous.

Neat idea, though. I quite like it. If I decide to get into modding, I might learn to decrease its radius and effectiveness so it's still present, but much less...ridiculous. :P

I like the retaliation thing...how do I squelch those "Centauri retaliation level decreased to X" messages? It's nice to know it's happening, but it buggers the realism a little bit if I constantly know how mad they are...
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ok, I redid suns and DySys is now at V4.a. As for moving asteroids, I did it so that you wouldn't hear that hit effect sound so much because the Sun will push the asteroids away. Also, it's to prevent me from hiding on them ;) (My opening play with this mod is to destroy Centauri stations and have a fleet of Centauri heavies attack me while I hide in an asteoid next to a mining colony. The heavies will kill the colony, I get loot, and I thought that moving asteroids was an interesting way to stop the mod exploit).
If you don't want to hear the messages (they were just something left over from modding, I don't really have a great idea to notify the player about the retaliation).
Here's how to cut it:

Code: Select all

(switch
					;CW
					(not (ls (subtract (objGetData gSource "RPCCWRetaliate") 2) 1))
						(block Nil
							(objSetData gSource "RPCCWRetaliate" (subtract (objGetData gSource "RPCCWRetaliate") 1))
							(setq something (objGetData gSource "RPCCWRetaliate"))
							;(plyMessage gPlayer "The Commonwealth retaliation level decreased to "something"!")
							)
						)
This is the block of code in Dynamic Systems Stuff.xml. There is a switch for each sovereign in the <Decrement> tag. All you have to do is go to line 5452 and either put the semicolons where I put them [before the (plymessage gplayer....) ] , or Just delete the plymessage line. You have to do this for all sovereigns. I think there is a better way to handle the decrementation of the data, so I'll ask alterecco or Starweaver how to make it better. Also, I'm usually on IRC 6-10 PM PST, so come on and give me a call if you have any questions.
Dash_Merc
Anarchist
Anarchist

Sweet, thank you for the "patch."

RE: IRC...I have never used IRC and have no idea how to. I've used every other major chat network except IRC and QQ. Mostly accidental ignorance, as the opportunity/need for me to learn how never arose.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Don't worry, Transcendence IRC is a nice way to get instantaneous help with mods instead of just posting and waiting for a reply (unless you're ok with that too!;) ).
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You can click any of the IRC User bars in the our signatures to connect. :)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

While modding, I found a bug that made ALL retaliation events follow the player through the gate. The change is only about 3 lines, but is very significant, so I reuploaded the mod. Sorry for not catching it earlier.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

RPC wrote:While modding, I found a bug that made ALL retaliation events follow the player through the gate. The change is only about 3 lines, but is very significant, so I reuploaded the mod. Sorry for not catching it earlier.
LOL oh THAT would have been fun to test !!!!!! LOL

but I did try to warn you ( anything I suggest as a code idea to " help " is usually evilly flawed, you should know that by now since almost nothing I do works right ( for the good side, works great for the hostiles though ) .)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Dash_Merc
Anarchist
Anarchist

Ok, so the Sung are ridiculous. To take down a slave camp, I have to kill six defense satellites and the main camp. When I do that, DynSys seems to spawn a retaliation/replacement fleet for each satellite I destroy, as well as the main camp...and even spawns a Dragon Slaver.

Defeating the Sung should not be this impossible.

On a related note, there was one stargate I went through that was deactivated, and Korolov Shipping told me I had to fight through six systems of Charon Pirates in order to get the key. This was lots of fun, but there was one major problem with every system...In each system there were something like six Charon bases, and one Charon Traffic Controller or Shipyard type of thing, which spawned fighters endlessly until you killed it. That base, combined with the retaliation fleets and everything resulted in each system having something on the order of a thousand Charon ships in it at any given time, and I pretty much had to singlehandedly kill each and every one of them because the Commonwealth Police Stations were pretty much useless. (Which mod is this? Is this The Network, or Encounter Expansions?)

Kill a base, wait for the replacement fleet, kill the missileship that rebuilds the base, then kill several hundred fighters and dozens of capital ships.

DynSys doesn't seem to work very well with other mods, as the sheer numbers of ships quickly reach unrealistic and often impossible-to-overcome proportions.

Luckily I had heavy meteorsteel and a patcher arm, so fighting off the Charon was no problem at all (laser immunity, patching missile damage -- I was pretty much invincible).

All in all, this is tons of fun, but it's positively insane and sometimes overwhelming. Perhaps a few small tweaks to the numbers and types of ships that show up would be appropriate? :D

I am playing with The Network, Dynamic Systems, Encounter Expansions, Captain's Log, NoDockNavBeacons, DockNGo, SFItemGraphics, StelliFer Labs, Cargo Summary, and SFSpaceStations.
Last edited by Dash_Merc on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.