[Mod] Playership Drones v3

Post about your finished mods here.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Playership Drones v3 is ready and available at Xelerus. It is so large that it was split into four parts. Look at my signature for the links.

New in v3:
* Added another ship builder item, portable mechanic, which is of lower level and can be acquired early in the game.
* Added optional support for 40 facings NPC ships.
* Added T31 to the list of starter ships.
* Almost every ship in the standard game is (theoretically) playable. Most ships may be rebuilt if the player has the necessary items.
* Automatic scuttling is disabled by default; it must be enabled. This is done so that useful wrecks are less likely to be destroyed by accident.
* Disabled loot command when automatic looting is on.
* Hornet battlepod starts with a cargo hold expansion pre-installed.
* Portable shipwright adds targeting program and visual display enhancement to a rebuilt ship.
* Raised starting credits for Sapphire yacht.
* Ranx Gunship is available for sale at the Black Market (again), if rank is high enough.
* Regenerating nanos are always given to an EI500 freighter instead of a random type. (They are much more valuable than other barrel types.)
* Removed EI100 freighter from the list of ships offered for sale by the Arcology.
* Ronin/B gunship starts the game with randomly chosen enhancers.
* Scarab superfreighter is available for sale at the Arcology.
* Updated for Transcendence v1.06 (and 1.06a).
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

i would suggest that installing a Heisenmachines quantum CPU would give you 2 more cpus, appart form that its really fun,
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

i also get a crash when i try to change ships if it have a wingman (rama) with ugw 3
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

CPUs will be removed in v4. Shipyards (an unlimited source of ships) will enforce a two drone limit like in v1, but the shipbuilder items (which are a finite resource) will not obey the shipyards' limits.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:CPUs will be removed in v4. Shipyards (an unlimited source of ships) will enforce a two drone limit like in v1, but the shipbuilder items (which are a finite resource) will not obey the shipyards' limits.
well, I have the original and I enjoy it : but I no longer change out of my DragonSlaver if I am flying it ( you cannot change back )..
I believe that the cpu thing is a good idea... but self upgrading is not that good: i put self upgrade code on an Antares and it does not have nofriendlyfire........I died...
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The main new feature for v4 is linkedFire weapon support... for vanilla weapons, and maybe those from Items Pack 912. Weapons from other mods will not be supported because I would need to make linkedFire versions of every weapon.

Reasons for removing CPUs:
* Its code was clunky.
* Several people wanted to command more ships than CPUs allowed.
* With linkedFire weapon support, ships with multiple guns are much more powerful when controlled by a player. (It is very, VERY fun!)

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Playership Drones v3 is no more. v4 has replaced it.

ShaunWilkinson
Anarchist
Anarchist

I love you
I am the One and Only