4yr old mod from v.99x

Post about your finished mods here.
mistere
Miner
Miner

This mod was my first around 2007 and I made it to modify one of the three original ships to "zombie class" with tricked out weapons, lots of cool effects for them etc. It is a 'cheat' mod with some powerful items/weapons at 1 credit etc. and maybe altering some powerful enemies so that they have different properties. I modified some things so that they behaved the way I wanted them too, and created some things based on others.

The reason I am releasing it is for those that enjoy modding to get ideas, make it work on current versions(if it doesn't already) and maybe pick and choose bits/ideas to incorporate into your own mods. I made some weapons with cool effects, that I could easily impliment after looking at the ones in the game and mixing and matching. Give me tips and ideas and let me know what you think and feel free to use some of it or the explanations(zombie stuff etc.) in your own mods.

I have no idea if the unid's conflict with new versions, but it worked fine with .98 abd .99 I think.

It's got lots of changes so it may be easier to look at the code than to play it to see what I modified. I know that I modified some autons to be fairly invincible if I remember correctly. (Use the zombie disintegrator to destroy them- takes a few shots ;-)

It's on xelerus.de and you can find it listed as MyFirstMod in the latest mods area.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

well welcome to the forums and the community!

I have some old thinkerings that still work in Transcendence as well, never released them, never had the need. But I'll have to check out the weapons you got there. Sounds interesting. :)
mistere
Miner
Miner

Hope You like it!
Just played it with the current version of Transcendence with no problem, but of course it may still conflict with other mods, but that can surely be corrected if any show up.
The Zombie Horde BrainMuncher Starship:

I moved it to the GodMod section. The original idea was to have a ship and race of the Undead :twisted: Much like the borg they use and modify all tech and can't be killed except by disintegration maybe. Anyone that can make a Zombie Ship that looks cool, go for it, and anyone that wants to balance the mod more, so that it is more in line with the game, have a crack at it.

I made it so that you're pretty invincible. Only a few weapons in the game can knock down the shields that top out at 15hp and they come right back and the armor regenerates as well so it's pretty durable.

The MapCrystal reveals enemy stations,(infinite usage) the 99 map roms reveal known stations so both included at start of game. The one weapon enhancer rom makes the equipped weapon rapid-fire, while I think the longzhu spheres (Zombie Skulls) enhance damage +25% if I remember correctly. The ship comes with the "project overkill enhancer chip" which is for those of you that want to play a normal game, but with weapons that deal 20x the damage. Feel free to it or other stuff and put versions into your own mods.

5GW reactor- Standard
Zombie Solar Array-Standard +1 in the cargo hold ;-)

The weapons:
First I really like the Zombie Bolt effect that I made, loosely adapted from the quatumsphere Disintegrator effects. It deals low damage but fries the computers of lower level ships

It has tracking, emp, radiation, and device damage, and fires 3 shots at a time.

The D-Comp Ray and 911 Remp Generator both have the same visuals. The Remp Generator being a idea for some kind of emergency device to disable other ships with minimal damage dealt. It deals emp, radiation, and device damage only with 21hp of damage, and fires 3 shots at a time at a whopping 30 shots a second.
The idea there also being that the Zombie Horde can pull this out when backed into a corner, disable and suck the brains/chips/fuel out of other ships.

The d-comp Ray disintegrates ships and fire rate is same with 8000+hp of damage. The idea being that they can make you Rot at will.

The Zombie Scorpion missiles need a strelka laucher I think but may not work or maybe I didn't finish them or something as their damage etc. doesn't show in the inventory screen, but the ship comes with a modified strelka laucher that fires Undead Strelkas also included which have a cool effect of tracking the enemy, exploding into fragments that then also track the enemy and all deal radiation damage and more. Capable of taking out many stations in a few hits or less.

Also comes with ZombieAutons "similar to a 1M battle auton. It is a zombified heliotrope gunship. Made by Zombies, for Zombies."
ZombieAuton-
90000 Cargo Space
Zombie Bolt
Zombie Shields
Project Overkill Enhancer

I also modified the Dwarg raiders/behemoths to have the Zombie Shields/Armor, + Ares ArchCannons + Project Overkill Enhancer to beef them up for an army of Zombies.

The sheilds reflect everything, as does the armor, but some things later in the game can do a little damage to the armor.

You may want to remove the ringer bonds from the mod and leave out the Taxman xml if you don't want to be equipped with them, as I did that to have plenty of rins later in the game.

I think that's about it. :lol:

But one idea I would like to implement:
A weapon that works after you disable an opponent, that when fired, fixes them, and makes them Zombie slave ships. It better work on the Iocrym too. :twisted:
Attachments
BrainMuncher
BrainMuncher
BrainMuncher.jpeg (84.58 KiB) Viewed 5232 times
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi mistere,
thanks for sharing that and welcome to the community. :D
Just played it with the current version of Transcendence with no problem, but of course it may still conflict with other mods
0xDFFFxxxx is PKOdon's registered UNID space, please register a free UNID by posting it here to avoid any conflict:
http://neurohack.com/transcendence/foru ... ?f=5&t=959

check for free UNIDs here:
http://wiki.neurohack.com/transcendence ... d_database

then reupload the mod with the new UNID.
also, while you are fixing the mod, you can also change the old 0.95 XML format, there is no need now to override any single UNID of the game for a mod to work. :)
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

digdug wrote:Hi mistere,
Just played it with the current version of Transcendence with no problem, but of course it may still conflict with other mods
0xDFFFxxxx is PKOdon's registered UNID space, please register a free UNID by posting it here to avoid any conflict:

also, while you are fixing the mod, you can also change the old 0.95 XML format, there is no need now to override any single UNID of the game for a mod to work. :)
more then one unid that is in current use today : My own unid was taken from an old forum where George suggested the use of unofficial / un-used unids, so I can understand a work from years past that happen to use a current unid. ( I am sure somebody is using my now official unid for something they have built because it was THE ONE George suggested to use , which is why I used it. )

looking at the .xml : while interesting and something I would keep with the rest of the mods from great minds : i seriously agree the unids need to be re-done and being as I am a Space Monger, I could swear they can be all put on one page :)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I need to make a unid database...
mistere
Miner
Miner

digdug wrote:Hi mistere,

Thanks guys. As Shane astutely pointed out, I did it with unregistered, unofficial UNIDs, so thanks for the link, I'll fix it.

I don't quite follow on the overridding/old xml part though. I mean I haven't looked at the new XML, and things like the modified Dwarg I thought would require that, unless I wanted to include/make a seperate mod with a class of SuperDwarg.

I supppose that would be better form. I was mostly focused on getting it to work the way I wanted at the time, and once I got it to work to my liking I just left it, never really intending to share, but that's kinda selfish :wink:

I apologize if I'm a bit rusty/confused or did it sloppily - again I just wanted it to work and it took a few weeks for me to figure out that much and come that far so I figured it was good enough for me :oops:

Checking out some of the other mods, I'm blown away, and think some of you guys could do a way better job of incorporating zombies into the game. Somehow I think space zombies are super-cool, and scary.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

unless you are building an Adventure , you do not need to copy out everything relevant to your .xml.
Extensions :
If you are over-writing elements in the game , again, you can simply write it up without creating a new item : but you must let people know what you over-write in a Extension .
Such as a Dwarg Master: want to make it shoot a different weapon : just pull the ship out and put it in your .xml changing the weapon, it will over-write the original for your game.

The game has changed Dramatically : the rules and requirements have evolved with it. There are great minds available : if ye post it they will attack it and dissect it like like any Alien Creature.......and if it is worthy, they might answer :) LOL ( i listen to Alice Cooper too much )

mistere
Miner
Miner

shanejfilomena wrote:unless you are building an Adventure , you do not need to copy out everything relevant to your .xml.
Extensions :
If you are over-writing elements in the game , again, you can simply write it up without creating a new item : but you must let people know what you over-write in a Extension .
Such as a Dwarg Master: want to make it shoot a different weapon : just pull the ship out and put it in your .xml changing the weapon, it will over-write the original for your game.

The game has changed Dramatically : the rules and requirements have evolved with it. There are great minds available : if ye post it they will attack it and dissect it like like any Alien Creature.......and if it is worthy, they might answer :) LOL ( i listen to Alice Cooper too much )
That's what I thought I did. I just recall thinking that extensions loaded first, so if say the dwarg Master was modded, I had to include the UNID/source code of it and the stuff it used from the game- or maybe I just did that in case I wanted to modify those things :roll: .

Anyways, some of those UNIDs in my mod were left over from when I was tinkering and never took them out.(Untill just now- will upload in a bit) For instance I had the NAMI missile launcher in there, with the source code(originally) and played with it and others until I got the Zombie Strelka laucher perrfected, now based largely on the Makayev/Strelka design. I just never removed the extra UNIDs like the NAMI after putting in unique ones so that the NAMI was not overwritten and still included in the game.

I think I removed most of those unused UNIDs and have changed to unique UNIDs for my creations - 0xdFFC.

And I combined them all into one XML. I think I originally modified the debt collector behavior but later removed that, and added the Ringer Bonds and the Inertialess Drive that's mostly the same, only cheaper with a lower tech level was in a XML I was using to add on to my original mod, to avoid messing it up and having to debug it.

So it's a bit neater today, but not as organised or polished as some of the great ones the rest of you guys have done.

And looking at it- it was originally done for version .95! I'll have to look at the new stuff more soon to see what else I should change, to update it.
alterecco
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ttech wrote:I need to make a unid database...
Whats wrong with the wiki?
Get your own Galactic Omni Device
Get it now. It's free!!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

alterecco wrote:
Ttech wrote:I need to make a unid database...
Whats wrong with the wiki?
I assumed that was in response to the fact that there are still unofficial unids floating around : and some might still be available for downloads......But seriously: I believed that, when I had a idea, I searched everything related to the game : found my unid in a suggestion by George, it worked :) and nobody owned it : then : according to my belief was that I had to present my idea in the forum and gain a foundation before i could be considered for getting the Unid: then if I don't produce or the community hates my work in totality, Id get the boot from using the Unid.......... so I am always ( still ) worrying my paws over my work and looking for ways to improve it constantly.