controversial moment : The Auviq Adventure

Post about your finished mods here.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The Auviq Adventure is now up ;
features include : Adventure Ext. so I could do almost anything :

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=990

Carbon Planets, new ores, system re-builds ; military presence in STK......ohhhh boy are they in there !, messed up once and when i got there i was shocked at how bad i am :() :)

You will meet Devarran raiders : Devarran is Arco Vaughn's nephew whom is taking over since Arco is heading to the Core, they have at least one station that should come up random that is friendly, essentially black market operated but only because Devarran owes them money for financing the stations........

mining colonies will offer you the Devarran mining plasma torch : short range thing, nice around friendlies because it is easier to control, not extremely powerful compared to the mining laser just a touch better and easier on the eyes. think it was like 8400 C.

Mining Ranx : again : this time they bought Devarran's torch, I noticed on the Wiki that it mentions the Ranx took to Mining and my mining Ranx precedes that page..but I am happy that I made them again, this time a little quieter.

Borer mining ships that mine : yes they do. station dock screens redone...loot screen as well,
i like them to sound more..pleasant then just functional.

Domina and Oracus..........they are NOT evil or out to destroy the universe ( at least not in part 1 ) but I bring them out of the dusty database and give you the options to play for both sides without committing a sin towards either :)

the story contained in the religious station.....you will find the line " you have more to experience " or something like that, that means you have to do a mission for other stations and people........I won't say who or what, but I will tell you that if you fly a Mod ship your less likely to get access to the "rest of the story".
===============================

My other works: down for Nerf....I became convinced I made them too difficult.
I know we like hard hitting weapons......but I seriously think i over did it, so ill re-do them and tone them down.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Rowanthepreacher
Miner
Miner

My only problem with this is that Arco wasn't heading to the core, the message is from his loved one, saying that -they- are going corewards.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Rowanthepreacher wrote:My only problem with this is that Arco wasn't heading to the core, the message is from his loved one, saying that -they- are going corewards.
you are correct :
originally I was to edit that ROM and failed to do so :..you were to "catch him as he was leaving" .

I did not actually realize I forgot to edit the ROM until you pointed this out......too late, it will still work out because he was not docked with the station when you met him so the screen will still fly because it does not exactly say in the adventure that he was headed anyplace...I was to edit that ROM and it would have been the only tale of his supposed travel I had in mind.

Code: Select all

"You are docked at the damaged space station. Inside you find the remains of a luxurious residential area and Centauri command post. 
  Arco Vaughn had obviously been leaving as you arrived...you find a data ROM in the wrecked living area and some food left behind."

Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Do you still destroy Arco? Or is the crate just abandoned?
erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

....why is it called Auviq? :?:
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
mistere
Miner
Miner

erik dela cruz wrote:....why is it called Auviq? :?:
Random name generator perhaps?
wendiedawgs
Anarchist
Anarchist

I don't think now it will continue to destroy it again....may be it will continue its other adventure as before it was doing.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

sorry to update this so late : but i thought it needed the information added
the word Auviq is a native word for Snow : ther are about 31 different words for snow and ice in native languages.
from the Inuit, Aivilik and
Igloolik languages.

Auviq : Snow brick, to build igloos.
Kavisilaq : Snow hardened by rain or frost.
Maujaq : Deep and soft snow, where it's difficult to walk.
Mituk : Small snow layer on the water of a fishing hole.
Piqsiq : snow lifted by the wind - blizzard.
Qanniq : falling snow.

these words were used in the original version of the Auviq extension but I do not remember how much remained in the resulting edition.

erik dela cruz
Militia Captain
Militia Captain
Location: Patrolling Scarborough Shoal and the Spratlys Islands (West Philippine Sea)

So it's native Alaskan words. Cool. At least now I learned Alaskan. Thanks Shane. hehehe. :)
.....cry without weeping......
.....talk without speaking......
.....scream without raising your voice......
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

hey i dont think this works with 1.07a.. i got this error when i tried selecting the auviq adventure

"12/30/2011 05:53:19 Loading adventure: Extensions\990_TheAuviqAdventure\Auviq105
12/30/2011 05:53:19 Invalid UNID: 8020103 [does not match extension UNID or override base type]
12/30/2011 05:53:21 End logging session"
is this compatible with 1.05 only?
it seems like you've put a lot of work into this and i am really interested in seeing how this extension works, so if you could let me know if theres a working version or a fix for this i'd be grateful :)
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

I think this is the mod that was redone for 1.01.
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

RPC wrote:I think this is the mod that was redone for 1.01.
thank you RPC
the error named for attempts to play it in 1.07 / 1.07a would relate to the System Map
1.07 / 1.07a uses a totally different system design and Huaramarca is a very touchy subject in that version.

the version it was built for ( 1.05 ) was done because explicitly because I know 1.05 as well as I know 1.01 and
because 1.05 allowed for things in the adventure that 1.01 did not.

When any Adventure / Mod is posted it is posted with the description of the versions they are built for and / or can play in :
I do not suggest trying to play designs outside of their stated versions. Here is the list of my Ideas :
Name / .................. Version
Stars and Sovereigns .................... 1.07a
The Latest Corporate Contracts ...................... 1.01
The Galactic princess and 2380 ................... 1.06a
Rogue Command Adventure ................... 1.01
The Auviq Adventure ........................ 1.05