[New Mod] Abandoned Station Renamer

Post about your finished mods here.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This mod allows you to rename any abandoned station once you dock with it.
Why rename an abandoned station, you may ask?

1) Makes it easier to locate active stations and stargates on the map in cluttered systems. When you go to rename a station, just hit the space bar once (don't add any text) in the text box and then click "Rename" This will remove the name entirely from the map, there by eliminating a lot of name clutter. Or you can input whatever text you like and rename it.

2) If you've maxxed your cargo hold and there's still good loot in the station, you can mark it with a new name of your choice.

3) If you like storing loot in abandoned stations, this will make it easier to locate them...just be careful in systems with Salvagers!

You can also restore the stations original name if you wish.

Note: This mod overwrites the Abandoned station looting screen.
Additional note: You don't have to remove all stations names in station clusters such as Anarchist gatherings and Dwarg colonies; simply rename a few to remove the name from the map.

Player level rating: R (Rookie/n00bs;-- So easy anyone can do it)

Grab it here
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Station labels? Nice! it should be for all stations, could be useful, custom maps
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ttech wrote:Station labels? Nice! it should be for all stations, could be useful, custom maps
All stations? Sweet! But I think that would be a daunting task as each active station/dock screen is different. You'd have to redo each and every one of them individually and I wouldn't be able to do it ATM...my lazy bone is acting up. lol. You could make a dsChangeStationName or whatever, but even that would require having to add it to all the stations codes.

The abandoned station DS was quite easy, as all I had to do was alter (add to) the dsAbandonedStation code and it set for all those stations.
Bobby
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You could use onGlobalPaneInit and scrAddAction to add the rename action it to any dockscreen whose source is a station, without overwriting any dockscreens.
ImageImage
Thanks to digdug for the banners.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Bobby wrote:You could use onGlobalPaneInit and scrAddAction to add the rename action it to any dockscreen whose source is a station, without overwriting any dockscreens.
Thanks, Bobby! I didn't know global was a pane...err, that you could globalize pane initiatives. Now it really gets interesting.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Weel See? :)
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yeah, but I think Bobby has something in mind for it. I'm still trying to catch up with all the new updates since 0.99, and I'm liking it so far. It's becoming more simplified to where a hand full of code does the same or more than what a full page of code would do. :D