[Mod] Commonwealth Investment Group

Post about your finished mods here.
JDMatson
Anarchist
Anarchist

new download link: http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1016

The CIG is a bank mod very similar to sdw's USB, but nowhere near as fancy. I made it just to suit my personal tastes a little more. I'd like to hear what everybody thinks of it. I welcome questions, comments, complaints, criticism, and especially suggestions.

I've tested the stations in debug mode, but I haven't run through the game to make sure they spawn properly. I will be testing that here soon.

I took sdw195's advice and used global data to store bank info. It's tied to one of the stations, so it shouldn't cause any conflicts. It did make the mod much more like his mod, which I was trying to avoid. Oops. :oops:
Last edited by JDMatson on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Oh nice! Competing banks! Next we need a stock market where you meet Corporate investors :twisted:
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
JDMatson
Anarchist
Anarchist

RPC wrote:... Competing banks! ...
Now there's an interesting thought. Banks that literally fight over customers.

So I've discovered that backtracking leads to multiple recurring interest events per system. That shouldn't be too hard to fix. Will sysCancelTimerEvent work on recurring events? If so, the fix should be super easy. I'll try to get that done soon. I've been thinking about adding the ability to upgrade to a premium account with a higher interest rate. There's a good chance I'll do that at the same time.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Will sysCancelTimerEvent work on recurring events?
Yes it does.
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
JDMatson
Anarchist
Anarchist

RPC wrote:Yes it does.
Thanks, that confirms my research. I've reuploaded the mod with that fixed. I've also added multiple account types that you can upgrade to.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

JDMatson wrote: I took sdw195's advice and used global data to store bank info. It's tied to one of the stations, so it shouldn't cause any conflicts. It did make the mod much more like his mod, which I was trying to avoid. Oops. :oops:
my banking data is tied to the player ship, and i dont mind that you made a bank anyway, since Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
JDMatson
Anarchist
Anarchist

sdw195 wrote:my banking data is tied to the player ship, and i dont mind that you made a bank anyway, since Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)
I was trying to avoid looking like I'd just filed the serial numbers off. I'm glad you don't mind anyway.
JDMatson
Anarchist
Anarchist

new download link: http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1016

I've made the stations more likely to spawn and moved the mod from the development section into the stations section. Changes may still be made if anyone has any suggestions, but for now it is finished.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

cool, congrats, will have to paly with it when i play around with 1.07
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ok, well, I gave up on a perma so now I was able to last for more than 5 minutes ;)
Anyways, I saw your station and got the account- two things:
1. Can I request a wireless credit card when you sign up for an account? It would have a DS that would let you specify what amount to withdraw, or deposit.

Code: Select all

<OnGlobalPlayerEnteredSystem>
				(block Nil
					(sysAddObjRecurringTimerEvent 10800 (sysFindObject Nil "Nt+unid:0xD0240004") "CIGInterest")
				)
			</OnGlobalPlayerEnteredSystem>
Means that for every time I gate, that event is added repeatedly. That could explain why I got 400000 credits while mining and travelling back to Eridani to stash the loot.
A way to fix it would be to (ObjSetData gPlayership "CIGIntEvent" True) then redoing the OnGlobalPlayerEnteredSystem to be:

<OnGlobalPlayerEnteredSystem>
            (block Nil
               (if (not(ObjGetData gPlayership "CIGIntEvent" true))
                  (block Nil
                     (sysAddObjRecurringTimerEvent 10800 (sysFindObject Nil "Nt+unid:0xD0240004") "CIGInterest")
                     (ObjSetData gPlayership "CIGIntEvent" true)
                     )
                  )
               )
         </OnGlobalPlayerEnteredSystem>
I have now cleared that event from my ship and hopefully I get to have an account that doesn't insta-give me money ;)
EDIT: (ObjGetData gPlayership "CIGIntEvent" true) should be (ObjGetData gPlayership "CIGIntEvent")
JDMatson
Anarchist
Anarchist

RPC wrote:Ok, well, I gave up on a perma so now I was able to last for more than 5 minutes ;)
Anyways, I saw your station and got the account- two things:
1. Can I request a wireless credit card when you sign up for an account? It would have a DS that would let you specify what amount to withdraw, or deposit.
2. <snip>
Sorry! I haven't been checking back on this like I should have been.

1. Part of what I feel helps keep the bank from being overpowered is that you have to backtrack to a station to get your money back. It is an excellent idea, though and I'll probably implement it into the upgraded accounts. If anybody else is reading this, I'd love some feedback on how you feel about this.

2. Yeah I noticed that at some point, too. I added this:

<OnGlobalPlayerLeftSystem>
	(block Nil
		(sysCancelTimerEvent (sysFindObject Nil "Nt+unid:0xD0240004") "CIGInterest")
	)
</OnGlobalPlayerLeftSystem>
and it seemed to fix it. Is that in the xml you have? I'm not sure if I forgot to upload after fixing or if the fix isn't working. Thanks for the help.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, I'm ok with the time investment to get back the money. It's just that I'm unsure if the money gets compounded by the station since
a. the player is outside of the system
b. timer events don't work when the player is outside the system.
2. I don't have the <OnGlobalPlayerLeftSystem> event, you should probably update the version on Xelerus.
(I forget to update my mods too ;) )
JDMatson
Anarchist
Anarchist

RPC wrote:Yeah, I'm ok with the time investment to get back the money. It's just that I'm unsure if the money gets compounded by the station since
a. the player is outside of the system
b. timer events don't work when the player is outside the system.
2. I don't have the <OnGlobalPlayerLeftSystem> event, you should probably update the version on Xelerus.
(I forget to update my mods too ;) )
The timer events are tied to virtual stations in every system, so that shouldn't be a problem. I haven't actually tried to play the game with the mod (I got distracted by Dungeons of Dredmor) but some basic testing shows that the interest works in other systems. I'll start up a new game and see how it does.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who forgets to update, but it's still a little embarrassing. So to make up for that here it is reuploaded, with a debit card thrown in:

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1016

The debit card requires an upgraded account, however. Which reminds me, the costs for upgrading are pretty arbitrary. I could use some feedback on whether they need to be changed.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ok I downloaded but I won't be able to test unless I finish my current playthrough/ game breaks.