Letter Of Marque

Post about your finished mods here.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

A few minor adjustments in what I like , "mission possible" stations ( no beating you up on the mission because they are excperience missions, not fighting ones, slight requirement to do these missions
( as in : without them your going to have a very hard time)).
a Letter of Marque and Reprisal was a government license authorizing a person (known as a privateer) to attack and capture enemy vessels and bring them before admiralty courts for condemnation and sale. Cruising for prizes with a Letter of Marque was considered an honorable calling combining patriotism and profit, in contrast to unlicensed piracy which was universally reviled
to get the Letter is easy enough, then you can go on to get the rest : but without the Letter :
You do not get paid for wrecked ships you recover (or made them wrecks in the first place) ; you cannot gain access to Korolov or even a Corporate Fuel Station : why? because you must be a Privateer authorized by the Comonwealth to battle pirates
( *the fuel station has a mission that is why it is " closed" until you get the Letter ).

Commonwealth Military stations : fortress and stk : you already know you need to meet requirements to get in : the Letter is now one of those.
Originally you could loose the letter but I found it such a pain to get another one I made it fit into the "ID" category. Just try not to lose THAT. I failed to make it part of the player ship : otherwise it would have been.

I read a post where the player was suggesting how "easy" Eridani is to an experienced player: Not this time : take the starting ships, even modified slightly they are still weak : my Custom ship can deal with it but it still can not dance with Rusty ( and I do not recommend that you dance with him either, custom ship or not : Originally I had a contest that you " dance" with him and if you killed him he paid you more for your recovered wreck : but I could not beat him with a Wolfen in the first three systems, so I pulled that code off his ship : now he just pays you regular and if you feel gutsy you can still fight him for free.

I had alot of headaches with this one : finding the ID in a haystack : sometimes finding only one....supposed to be two......
I did make missions for " shield level " as well as those that you simply do for the experience :
For those that like to go past the " weaker things " and hunt the big toys : if you do pass up or do not get your second "requirement" there is a planet station in the higher levels with missions ( Lancelot Prime is it's real name ), but usually i think it will not have anything for you but friendly guns to run to if you got everything by then.

** i flew it in my Cruiser only for testing stations and screens: I flew it in the starting ships as well : got killed 5 times, once by Charon and twice by a Molotok that just seemed to not like stray shots .....oops :)
the image is just for show : it was a station that I do not think ever survived the idea.
Last edited by shanejfilomena on Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Re uploaded at 3 downloads: i had added the sisters of Domina to the missions and in doing so I put in " commonwealthoninit " and was supposed to change that.......
the reason it was a " big deal " is the Pod you are supposed to bring to them gets confiscated ( yikes ) ; so I had to go back and fix that.

Originally the Sisters were to only take the Pods : later I decided to add them in the missions but without the Pod,
( and the fact I do not carry illegals on my ship without a smugglers' hold ) I failed to test the station' init so that was my total mess up. I was more distracted in stations and screen with alot of stuff on them and totally let the one with only a few extra words fell past me.

BTW : THIS one is Real: I was flying the Freighter: too weak to get the Letter, fighting everybody : trying to take habitat missions for experience, which is one I died on in STK. they hit me with two Oromo from the outlaw base + the Meth Enforcers
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..