Mining Pack released! (collab with TransGeek)

Post about your finished mods here.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Not really, WTS and TG have been lacking lately, so I had to update it myself.
I feel bad for everybody who goes to Xelerus and misses this post on the forums :(
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Latest version, and bugs...

First:
When you choose ore to smelt, in end it output message "produced blah-blah-blah, and NO BINDING SYMBOL [gasCount] blah-blah-blah"
Teh problem - gasCount - local var, but used in other block.

Second:
Refinery -> Choose ore -> "Missing paren...blah-blah-blah... Line 240"
Strange bug. Very strange. All paren~ are closed.

Three:
When you disable RMP, and enable - it looks uninstalled.
Teh problem:
Incorrect name of event - "OnEnabled"
Solution:
Replace to "OnEnable"

Fix. Mod is cool. Seriosly.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

My update earlier in the thread fixes two of those problems. You can use that version while WTS and TG are doing MP V2 ;)
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

His first and only post on the forums, and it's about MiningPack? Sorry, I can't hold it off any longer... I have to respond to this.

TransGeek & I have been doing conceptual work on MPv2 which will totally overhaul the mining system, which means the original MiningPack got neglected. But I just can't bear to leave people hanging.

Within the week, I'll be releasing the SuperSecret MiningPack 1.51 version that a few people have been using and beta testing for us. It's been bugfixed by TransGeek and playtested by some of the good folks on IRC (hi, FourFire!). It includes:
- an improved asteroid scanner
- lots of new graphics for resources & trade goods
- the introduction of trashteroids (every asteroid is mineable)
- three new ores (magnasteel, primallox and suprallox)
- the ability to extrude barriers, not just titanium but plasteel, orthosteel and the three new ores
- the ability to extrude reinforced cargo crates (that can be locked, so salvagers can't loot 'em. Again, titanium, plasteel, magnasteel, etc.)

Just some small polishing and tweaking to be done before it's out. I'll make it my top modding priority.

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

JOIN US ON IRC. IT KICKS ASS. JOIN THE HIVE MIND.
Place cursor on link. Click link. Never look back.
EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

His first and only post on the forums, and it's about MiningPack?
Much longer i was been a Guest :lol:

Also, XML programming language in your game - awful.
Seriosly. Need at least more readable lua.

As a programmer at Delphi, and pah-pah-pah, C++, the language and its syntax is not familiar.

After reading a bit of code, I understand generally design, and performance. Wiki-> Modding absolutely nothing.

Second. Need a normal the compiler and debugger. Debug.log, and debug console don't give full info...

Em...offtopic.
- an improved asteroid scanner
- lots of new graphics for resources & trade goods
- the introduction of trashteroids (every asteroid is mineable)
- three new ores (magnasteel, primallox and suprallox)
- the ability to extrude barriers, not just titanium but plasteel, orthosteel and the three new ores
- the ability to extrude reinforced cargo crates (that can be locked, so salvagers can't loot 'em. Again, titanium, plasteel, magnasteel, etc.)

Just some small polishing and tweaking to be done before it's out. I'll make it my top modding priority.
You forgot a main word - "balance".
For example: now, in your MP an insalling RMP costs 2100. But! If you remove it from ship, and try to sell, then you will get only 200$. Compare, buying RMP - 400$, and installing - 200$, total - 600$.
600$ : 2100$ = 1:~3!

I change cost of install RMP to 1200.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

thanks for that, I'll look into it! can't believe we missed that...

“Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Modders) believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.” -Scott Adams

Resident mod-cobbler-together, freakspawn-fixer-upper & musical eclectro-ecumenologist.
If you love something, tweak it and twist it. Keep bending it until it breaks. Rip it apart, remix it, rebuild it. Kill your darlings and stitch them together again.

EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yet another bug discovered!

If you uninstall a mining pod when it enabled, then his effect stays.

Solution:

Code: Select all

<onuninstall>
				(objSetData gPlayerShip "MCP" 0)
			</onuninstall>

<OnEnabled>
				(block nil
					(objSetData gPlayerShip "MCP" 1)
				)
			</OnEnabled>
			<OnDisable>
				(block nil
					(objSetData gPlayerShip "MCP" 0)
					(block nil(objRemoveItem gPlayerShip (itmCreate 0xDA1D1172 1))(objRemoveItem gPlayerShip (itmCreate 0xDA1D1174 1)))
				)
			</OnDisable>
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

For those of you who can't wait any longer, and want to help TransGeek & me beta-test MP1.5, here's the link
http://db.tt/zCqMsGKe
It contains the new additions I previously posted about, but needs some polishing and tweaking. And I'm sure some new bugs will have cropped up. Have fun with it!

EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

So, i tested some...

Result to RMP:

Smelt - fully stable
  • "Smelt all ore works" stable
    "Choose ore to smelt" works stable
    "Recycle armor into ingots" is stable, but the realism is to add a dependency count of ingots on output from damage of armor, and random.

Refine - fully stable
  • Refine all materials works stable
    Choose materials for refine stable
    Rod to Assembly and conversely works stable, but add a choice.

Extrude - one button is very bugged.
  • Extrude all ingots, and crate - fully work.
    Pick ingots - strongly bugged. Need full rework.
    • Much uses an local vars in other blocks
      An ingots consumes all the same, was been extruded armor, or not.

An asteroid scanner fully stable.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yup, pretty much: The armors to be extruded are still being worked on AFAIK, it's rather hit and miss which versions of which armors actually produce a result.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Thanks for your quick reply and test results. I've notified TransGeek, so he knows what to work on with the RMP.

The armors need work; I'm including some new ones as well as a teaser for ArmorPack.

FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Good, I'm looking forward to it :P
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

BUTTHURT BUG

Crates don't save stuff after pickuping.
WillyTheSquid
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Major breakthrough! We've hit the core! Struck gold!

All kidding aside, TransFans, TransGeek's got something nifty up his sleeve. Even I don't know exactly what he'll be whipping up, but hey: you do not argue with a wizard when he's working. Expect a solid update within two weeks.

EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Armor recycling works only with titanium armor because other armors aren't written in recycle-function block.