Weapon Labs

Post about your finished mods here.
Mage
Anarchist
Anarchist

about SDW station recurrence
----------------------------
Patupi wrote:Yep, for me it's always been the third system (..).
(..)
I found a second one further in, but I can't recall what number system that was. 6 sounds right (..)
I found the second one in Sanctuary, but again I am also not sure if I missed an earlier one.
Mage
Anarchist
Anarchist

found another bug in Weapon Labs version "post 256-dl"
------------------------------------------------------
When creating a custom weapon, in the damage type screen, the Particle and Plasma damage type both use a "P" as keyboard shortcut.

I found out when I wanted to create a Plasma turret and ended up with a Particle turret instead (Omni-TEVs anyone? ;-))

And a small typo in the same screen:
All damage types start with capital letters except the "l"azer.
Hatsuya Kanzaki
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: leading an armada of Realians driving sword-shaped gunships and WearGears

I hope we'll be able to choose our projectiles. Like instead of plain particle line shot, can we have a shocking starburst?
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hatsuya Kanzaki wrote:I hope we'll be able to choose our projectiles. Like instead of plain particle line shot, can we have a shocking starburst?
sorry it took so long to reply,

probably not anytime soon, i currently have effects set on a damage amount basis, i think i have a starburst in, but i can't remember.

i doubt it would be too hard to do, but i havn't really been doing to much with trans in the past 4~ months, so it will be a bit hard to get back in the swing of modding when i do.
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Words cannot describe how much I love this mod. Great work!

There are a few problems though.
The above mentioned multiple damage type options using the same key identifier - could be solved by assigning each damage module a number instead of a letter from it's name.

The PD weapons can be built and installed without problem, but unless they are set to attack missiles only then they don't seem to do anything.

The repeating weapons module only ever produces a double shot weapon.
Hatsuya Kanzaki wrote:I hope we'll be able to choose our projectiles. Like instead of plain particle line shot, can we have a shocking starburst?
It's already partially implemented - as you increase the level of the damage module you get a different shot effect.
eg:
low lv particles are the shimmery green beams, higher lvs are solid green bolts like TeVs.
low lv thermos have little orange balls like tritiums, higher lvls have big heavy blobs like fusionfires.
Maybe not what you were after but it definitely noticeable.

[edit]

Some other issues I've stumbled upon after a little more playing.
  • Having a full set of fire controllers (single/double shot etc.) present prevents you from building custom weapons as the control selector doesn't work quite right and has several lines of the xml displayed in the text area. Can be "escaped" and the game continues without a problem.
  • Any weapon regardless of type and stats, when converted into a PD mount will always have a fire rate of 1.5 /s which is pretty useless.
  • Any custom weapon built with turreted mounts has what could be described as a "sluggish" aim. Not that noticeable with fast projectiles like laser & ion, but really frustrating with slow weapons like plasma and kinetic.
  • None of the weapon labs can recycle the weapons they create! This is a biggie and really kills any attempt to experiment with various components.
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Yeah, I've had issues with repeating modules. High damage types (positron and up) seem to not want to do repeating much. If you have over a class 5 damage module and those kind of weapons it seems to be little difference between single fire and repeating. On lower levels they'll sometimes give higher ROF, and sometimes [2] or [3] double tripple shot, but not higher up on damage. One possibile option for later version of Weapons Lab is if repeating module always increases rate of fire, but reduces damage to some level. (possibly add more than one repeating module to up the ROF further for an even higher damage reduction?) I like to have one main weapon and one in the missile slot and have one as a rapid fire and the other as a high damage, low ROF one (often with specials like EMP) can go down very well. Having a multi-target, wall weapon with plasma and level 10 damage tends to disuade most targets... if you can hit them :) The low ROF does make it awkward against fighters though, so a rapid fire gun is always handy.

I've managed to recycle SOME of the weapons the Weapon's labs create, but they tend to be low levels. One problem is often the lab says their tech level isn't high enough. Other responses to non-recycle requests may simply be not enough Tech Level but just giving the wrong text output? Just a guess.

As to the cross over between damage types (p) plasma and (p) particle (there are other cross overs like (s) standard and (s) shield damage) can be avoided by using the mouse to select the option rather than the keyboard. I didn't even think about that at first, but it works.
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

i will have a look at the functions i use to compute it. thanks.
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"