Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Darn! Foiled again! And I'd just managed to reconstruct the Kronosaurus! :(
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Updated at 177 dls, Now out of beta :D
fixed power use and some text, added the ability to make custom weapon mount in the launcher slot (Dual Wield Weapons!! :D )
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"<@sheepluva>Good night everybody, may the source be with you." <-- FOSG dev
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Good job I hadn't gotten far in my new game then. Back to the drawing board! :)

Keep up the good work SDW
Mage
Anarchist
Anarchist

Dear sdw195,

First of all:
Great mod, cool idea!

And now some possible bugs and some suggestions.
Please do not mind my "nitpicking" - I just want Your great mod to be perfect ;-)

My system:
-----------
- Windows XP SP3
- Transcendence v1.08b, (sources extracted with Transdata)
- Extensions:
05/21/2012 13:56:02 Loading extension: Extensions\patchspidericon
05/21/2012 13:56:03 Loading extension: Extensions\rerendered Iocrym
05/21/2012 13:56:03 Loading extension: Extensions\weapon labs
(Weapon Labs -> XML as of 2012-05-10)
05/21/2012 13:56:03 Loading extension: Extensions\WTS_fuelgfx
05/21/2012 13:56:03 Loading extension: Extensions\WTS_oregfx
05/21/2012 13:56:12 Loading adventure: Extensions\Network

possible major bugs:
-------------------
- tried to create a new laser weapon with these attributes
> turret / dual / laser / 3 damage / standard
and got this error message:

Code: Select all

05/21/2012 14:01:47	Type already exists: f0000000 ### (typCreate unidtouse (subst (typGetStaticData -510267364 "weapon1") { attr:attributes config:config damagestr:damage descr:(cat "This is a custom weapon made at the " (objGetName gsource 1) " in " (sysGetName) ".") effect:effect firerate:rate hiteffect:hiteffect launch:"True" level:(objgetdata gsource "damg") lifetime:lifetime linkedunid:linkedunidtouse Mass:5000 miscstuff:misc misspeed:missilespeed multi:multi name:name omni:omni poweruse:poweruse repeat:repeating value:(add (divide gCost 4) (divide gCost 2)) weptype:weapontype })) ###
possible minor bugs/ typos:
--------------------------
(BTW: As I am no native english speaker myself, maybe someone else from the community might have a look at the typos, if they are valid or not...)

- file "templates.xml":
- line 69 - typo?: two times "with..." sentence

description=		"This device combines a fast-doppler sensor with a targeting computer. With a custom weapon."
- file "stations.xml":
- line 358 - typo "greese"

desc=	"You are in the main workshop, a man covered in greese looks at you for a moment before returning to his work.">
- line 501 - typos "chose" and "in a auto"

desc=	"Chose what weapon to put in a auto turreted mount">
- line 806 - typo in "knowledge"

scrSetDesc gScreen "Sorry, That weapon is above our knowldge limit.")
- lines 995+996: typo in "congratulations"

(scrSetDesc gScreen (cat "Congradulation we succeeded in recycling your weapons, " desc " ."))
(scrSetDesc gScreen (cat "Congradulation we succeeded in recycling your weapons.")))
Mage
Anarchist
Anarchist

Dear sdw195,

Some suggestions:
------------------
- make the laser collimator (as all other enhancers) affect custom weapons.

- increase the cost of high-level weapons a lot (to get some kind of game re-balance)

- make custom weapons "misfire" like the lamplighter protoype - as that is what they are.

Again, great idea, great mod!
Mage
Anarchist
Anarchist

Dear sdw195,

another typo in file "stations.xml", line 2187 -> "launcher":

desc="For 1000 credits, we can make this weapon mount in your luancher slot, do you want to do this?."
Mage
Anarchist
Anarchist

Dear sdw195,

some typos in file "itemtypes.xml",

- line 177: "quantities"

description=		"This chamber produces large quanities of gravitons for gravity weapons."
- line 194: "microscopic black holes"

description=		"This chamber produces micoscopic blackholes for singularity weapons."
- line 259: "matter and energy"

description=		"This chamber produces the dark matter adn energy used in dark fire weapons."
- line 542: "which fire multiple"

description=		"This module is used for weapons that fire's multiple shots."
Enough nitpicking for today ;-)
Best regards!
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Mage wrote:- make custom weapons "misfire" like the lamplighter protoype - as that is what they are.
I like it! Nice idea. I'd suggest make it some kind of random possibility of a weapon being made with a 'bad energizer' or whatever, possibly with it less likely to crop up in low powered weapons (that the science for is pretty well known) compared to high powered ones. Maybe varies in likelihood of this affecting your custom weapon, and the severity of the misfiring effects. Possibly might end up with random different misfire effects for a weapon (if that is even possible)? Perhaps any weapon with WMD effect might have a chance of causing an explosion just outside the ship... energy weapons could vary from not firing, to actually firing 'off beam' at a random angle... etc.

I think for all except Plasma and up this should be a fairly low chance of being 'built in' to your weapon, but with more advanced tech (that humans know little about) it would become progressively more likely. You might even want to put a warning on anything with more than a 10% likelihood of developing a misfire effect during construction: "OK, nearly there, but you do realise this is some rather advanced tech were dealing with here? We are not liable for any damage this thing causes... and I ain't talking about damage to whoever your pointing it at!" etc
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks for the nitpicking, it really helps :)

RE the misfire, i don't actually think i will do that, as the custom weapons are not actually prototypes, the story i think i will go with (if you noticed i a recent update (i think) the main screen for custom weapons is "You see a dusty console that looks like it hasn't been used in many years..." ) is that custom weapons used to be very poplar, but the fad faded when law changes made weapons easier to obtain
"Dash_Merc - George is a genius, in that he created this game engine that is infinitely extendable"
"You only need THREE tools in life - WD-40 to make things go, Duct Tape to make things stop And C-4 to make things go away"
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Oh I haven't seen the new stations and their new text.... though I've been playing with the mod for a while. I've been trying a permadeath challenge with Dynamic systems 5 and so far haven't lived long enough to find a weapons lab! :)

(I think the main reason I kept dying so often was I was trying to do it with the Aguptera and it's start weapon and shield weren't the best. Had difficulty upgrading before dying ;P)
Mage
Anarchist
Anarchist

sdw195 wrote:Thanks for the nitpicking, it really helps :)
It's a pleasure to hear - as I will continue then... ;-)

Got this error while trying to build a Plasma mining turret weapon:

05/23/2012 18:42:58	Type already exists: f0000000 ### (typCreate unidtouse (subst (typGetStaticData -510267364 "weapon1") { attr:attributes config:config damagestr:damage descr:(cat "This is a custom weapon made at the " (objGetName gsource 1) " in " (sysGetName) ".") effect:effect firerate:rate hiteffect:hiteffect launch:"false" level:(objgetdata gsource "damg") lifetime:lifetime linkedunid:linkedunidtouse Mass:5000 miscstuff:misc misspeed:missilespeed multi:multi name:name omni:omni poweruse:poweruse repeat:repeating value:(add (divide gCost 4) (divide gCost 2)) weptype:weapontype })) ###
Mage
Anarchist
Anarchist

some update on this (as I recently found out):
Mage wrote: Some suggestions:
------------------
- make the laser collimator (as all other enhancers) affect custom weapons.
The laser collimator indeed works on custom laser weapons, but only if they are installed in standard weapon slots.
If they are installed in missile launcher slots instead, they will get no damage bonus.
Patupi
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I think that's more to do with Transcendence than this mod. You'd probably have to redo the collimater and similar weapon devices to affect launcher based weapons that do that type of damage... but then it would also have to check for weather it was a missile weapon (such as a missile with a laser warhead) or an energy weapon
sdw195
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Mage wrote:
sdw195 wrote:Thanks for the nitpicking, it really helps :)
It's a pleasure to hear - as I will continue then... ;-)

Got this error while trying to build a Plasma mining turret weapon:

05/23/2012 18:42:58	Type already exists: f0000000 ### (typCreate unidtouse (subst (typGetStaticData -510267364 "weapon1") { attr:attributes config:config damagestr:damage descr:(cat "This is a custom weapon made at the " (objGetName gsource 1) " in " (sysGetName) ".") effect:effect firerate:rate hiteffect:hiteffect launch:"false" level:(objgetdata gsource "damg") lifetime:lifetime linkedunid:linkedunidtouse Mass:5000 miscstuff:misc misspeed:missilespeed multi:multi name:name omni:omni poweruse:poweruse repeat:repeating value:(add (divide gCost 4) (divide gCost 2)) weptype:weapontype })) ###

pretty sure that's fixed in the version on xelerus...

also, are you using the same station to make these, or did you make one in x system, the this one in y system?
Last edited by sdw195 on Sat May 26, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mage
Anarchist
Anarchist

pretty sue that's fixed in the version on xelerus...
The current version (as of today, 2012-05-24) has a XML file "weapon labs.xml" with file date 2012-05-10 - which is the same I use(d).
also, are you using the same station to make these, or did you make one in x system, the this one in y system?
I did use the same station where I tried to create the laser weapons and got the errors.

BTW: As my old notebook completely (head)crashed yesterday, I will have to start a new game with Weapon Labs.
Any suggestions what I should test?