Weapons Extended 5

Post about your finished mods here.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1155

WE5 has been updated !
Download it from Xelerus for the latest stable version !

(or, if you want the real latest you can sneak peek the my github https://github.com/digdug34/WE5/ )

What has been updated:
prevent randomization of autons
prevent randomization of battle arena ships.
fix itIonCannon3 to include shield damage
many fixes on descriptions
The ion devastator has been changed to a missile weapon (not anymore a launcher)
Implemented RPC's antilag code, primarly for very busy systems and for Dynamic Systems mod. the code also stops the randomizer if the player is closer than 30ls to a gate.
Yari omni Laser is now omni :P
removed some code on secondaryWeapons, that was causing problems.
drastically reduced price on Doomsday thermocannon, since it's a single shot weapon.

[EDIT]
I fixed a bug with firearcs. The fix includes some code that makes weapons installed on CSC omnidirectional.
This might make CSCs a bit overpowered, causing the CSC Antarctica mission to be too difficult, probably.
Let me know if it's ok.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks for the updates, :D

Why would the CSC Antarctica mission be difficult, if you're smart you've got Horochoral Armor by that point, or something else which has heavy resistances to Particle and so long as you have a basecracker type weapon you can match velocities and just beat it to death from a distance...
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
Bruno
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Cool! Will test this.
digdug wrote:the code also stops the randomizer if the player is closer than 30ls to a gate.
Out of curiosity, what does this actually mean?

Also is there some kind of changelog or text that describe any major changes in the game apart from those related to weapons?
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Bruno wrote:Cool! Will test this.
digdug wrote:the code also stops the randomizer if the player is closer than 30ls to a gate.
Out of curiosity, what does this actually mean?

Also is there some kind of changelog or text that describe any major changes in the game apart from those related to weapons?
Thanks for your reply and interest Bruno. :D

RPC and I discussed this, Succession #4 was quite buggy and we thought that WE5 was causing crashes by randomizing ships when the player tried to exit a system via a stargate. Today, and after a chat with Starweaver, it looks like this is not the case, but just in case, we left that line of code.
WHen you enter a new system, the randomizer will start its work only when the player distanced himself 30+ ls from the gate. Returning closer will again pause the randomizer. I understand that this could cause encounters that are very close to the gate to suddenly spawn different weapons, but it's there for the safety of your savegame. Eventually I can reduce the range to 3-5 ls, basically pausing the randomizer only when the player is "onto" the stargate.

Regarding the changelog, I don't have a complete one in a single file. I have github logs and my posts in this thread and previous threads as "logs". I suppose it's time to assemble a nice and tidy changelog.

BTW, the bug you reported some time ago with the Miner station trying to install an illegal mining weapon ? it's fixed :P
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Bruno,
the entire changelog of WE5 has been added to the WE5 repo. It's basically the entire list of commits of 2012-2013 of the repo + a couple of additional comments.

https://github.com/digdug34/WE5/blob/ma ... gelogs.txt
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Updated at 1204 downloads.
Fixed the dockscreen pointer to continuously reset when ammo primary weapons are present in the loot/jettison/buy/sell screens.
Thanks to PM for pointing me in the right direction for the fix ! :D

No need to restart, just replace the files.

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1155

https://github.com/digdug34/WE5/archive/master.zip

PATCH FOR SUCCESSION #5 : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/720 ... %20WE5.zip
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

With this post, I thereby stop any development on WE5. I will focus all my attention only on WE6. This is because of the changes in weapons in 1.2beta1. Keeping updated both mods is infeasible.

I will still try to get rid of bugs, of course, but the mod will remain at version 1.1 of Transcendence.

The whole WE5 is available at my github repo:
https://github.com/digdug34/WE5

I will be delighted if you want to push patches and/or suggestions, this is a community mod that took many people to develop, and I would like for it to remain like that.
RPC
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Hmm... I'm confused. Anybody have a starmap to the Core?

Can I submit weapon concepts/ideas/code for WE6? Should it be in this thread or in another thread?
Tutorial List on the Wiki and Installing Mods
Get on Discord for mod help and general chat
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
Wir müssen wissen — wir werden wissen!
I don't want any sort of copyright on my Transcendence mods. Feel free to take/modify whatever you want.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Probably in another thread, I will make one in "The Drawing board" so that people can ask stuff or suggest stuff there.
EditorRUS
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Orion atomic lance is truly overpowered. I have passed the game to the end with it. It even destroys the iocrym command ship.

1d80 plasma damage for 4 shots - 4-320 plasma data per second.
It's the most powerful weapon for it's level. Or even in the game.

Even it's danger of being destroyed by balls which weren't hit an enemy can be removed by accurate shooting or/and powerful shields (mammonth 100W as example)

I can say that only one weapon is better than that - the iocrym avalanche.

UPDATE:

Fucki' great mod.

Hard mode, random weapons.
Third (!) system. One ship had a LAMPLIGHTER! Can you imagine that? ON THIRD SYSTEM A COMMON PIRATE SHIP HAVE A LAMPLIGHTER! I am afraid of weapons at StK...
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Third (!) system. One ship had a LAMPLIGHTER! Can you imagine that? ON THIRD SYSTEM A COMMON PIRATE SHIP HAVE A LAMPLIGHTER!
Oh wow !
Well,
that's not supposed to happen :P
Let's say that the ship was a Viking II with a Dual Turbo (normally), the randomizer would give max a Level 7 weapon (dual turbo level 4 + max bonus of 3 levels)
Can't see a way in which a Charon pirate would get a level 10 weapon :D

I'll look into it, if it's a bug, I don't want it to pass to WE6
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Sound's like great fun!
Pass me a consistently bugged version once you've fixed it :D
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
pip
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I love this mod so much.
My only issue being the virtual ammo types never worked, so I have never been able to use the new missiles/smartcannon/akan/nandao/kiloton bolts etc.

The rest though, is so very very shiny.
Thank you dd. :D
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

pip wrote:I love this mod so much.
My only issue being the virtual ammo types never worked, so I have never been able to use the new missiles/smartcannon/akan/nandao/kiloton bolts etc.

The rest though, is so very very shiny.
Thank you dd. :D
This is odd. It worked for me when I wrote it and I'm still using almost exactly the same code, just moved into functions and put in a library, in 1.3 beta with another mod in development and it works there. At least I don't remember making any substantitive changes to the virtual ammo code.
Literally is the new Figuratively
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Last time I check everything works, but it seems to cause stargate problems, at least with CC. In fact, it prevents any stargates from spawning at all. :(
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.