[Mod] Black Market Addition v1.01

Post about your finished mods here.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

MOD DESCRIPTION:
This mod adds a station and a new (player) ship to the game. This mod does NOT overwrite any of the core files and, as such, should be compatible with most other mods.
This mod is the first step in building a bigger mod centered around the black market, illegal trade and the commonwealth trying to keep laws and order. This version is called Black Market Addition, the next version will be called Black Market Expansion.

So, here is: Black Market Addition v1.01; reupload

VERSION INFORMATION:
Game version: 1.1
API Version: 12
Mod name: Black Market Addition
Mod version: v1.01; reupload
Author: Pixelfck

GAME MODIFICATIONS:
No core files changed
Last edited by pixelfck on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Updated; fixed potential game breaking issue due to bug in (itmIsInstalled ...) function, where you could sell your installed, damaged armor segments.
CYRUS KGABO
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Does it add any illegal weapons,armor or drugs to the game?
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

it adds one new illegal armor type, no drugs and no (player ship) weapons.

It does add some four miscellaneous items, of which three have the attribute 'weapon' but those are trade goods.

Why the question?
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Srry for the interruption, but do you care if I make some illegal items for this mod? I keep making random consumer goods when I am bored, so I would love to contribute to this mod with my random @#$!. :mrgreen:
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

You are free to create illegal items for this mod, or release an illegal items mod yourself. I can however in no say anything about adopting any into future mods. Right now, the items I added are there to help me build the story I have in mind for the next edition of this mod.

Cheers
Pixelfck
Last edited by pixelfck on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay2Jay
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I did not expect to use these items in my mod, so like I said they are yours. I can make a zip file and pm you if you want, e-mail it, or whatever you want to do.
CYRUS KGABO
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

refund wrote:it adds one new illegal armor type, no drugs and no (player ship) weapons.

It does add some four miscellaneous items, of which three have the attribute 'weapon' but those are trade goods.

Why the question?
i just wanted to know
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If anyone who played with this mod has any feedback, please share it!
TVR
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Does not load in ship select screen - Transcendence 1.2 Alpha 1 - No other mods installed

It appears that there's no UNID definition for the shipClass in the provided download. Might want to check for a missing dependancy, possibly stripped from the previous Brigand upload on Xelerus.
Fiction is reality, simplified for mass consumption.
PGP: 0x940707ED, 5DB8 4CB4 1EF5 E987 18A0 CD99 3554 3C13 9407 07ED
Bitcoin: 1LLDr7pnZDjXVT5mMDrkqRKkAPByPCQiXQ
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Now that is some usefull feedback; the main file seems to be missing from the mod; uploaded a fixed version.
Thanks!

Mind you, the mod has only been tested with the latest stable version (v1.1) of the game.
Cheers
Pixelfck
Last edited by pixelfck on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruno
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Played to a few systems past St. Kat. New cool ship, new station with nice name, new tradegood, it is working alright and I like it.
When I explore anything else that is new I will comment on it.

Now I encountered something related to the Blackmarket that I thought I'd post here, in case it is from something you have done :)

My printscreen didnt work for some reason so I'll explain:

I bought a bunch of drugs at a blackmarket station with the intention of selling it to a victorian nightclub for profit.
At the same time, I talked to Aubrey (the dark-haired woman in Lord Mikhos office) and took the mission to deliver a package to St. Katherines nightclub.

First I travel to the arcology and deliver the package, all is okay, package recieved, "say hello to Aubrey for me" okay I will.

Then I travel to a commonwealth station to sell all my merchandise (St. Kats were out of cash). But as soon as I land on the station, something odd happens: I am treated to the same screen as when you land on any black market installation (tempus lab, black market station/shipyard etc) and level up! "You are grabbed by some men and brought to the boss' office...".

So I increase my rank as I had suspected I would when I returned to the black market because of a rather hefty purchase. But I didnt land on a black market, but a commonwealth station! I wish I had my screenshot because it looked quite funny. I guess the black market operatives had taken over the station and was running it covertly. At least they payed the regular price for all my drugs, those high-profile clubgoers always have their needs.

Thought I'd mention it in case you have used some different adresses or something to say what qualifies as black market stations :)
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

thanks for the feedback!

It is certainly odd behaviour you encountered, I'm not sure it is caused by my mod, but it could certainly be and I'll look into it.
Did you run any missions for the new station yet?

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Last edited by pixelfck on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruno
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

No I have not, because whenever I try to make myself useful, they dont have any work for me to do.

It looks cool though.