Ever thought you should be able to elude the Commonwealth Customs Officers without the use of a 100% foolproof smuggler's cargo hold? Ever wondered why a station took no offense installing the TeV 9 blaster without ever checking for your Military ID? Why there where Customs Officers guarding the docking rings of slums? This mod changes all that, and a lot more. Circumventing the Law will prove more difficult, making the wrong judgement call can have dire consequences but good profit awaits, for those who have what it takes.
This mod aimes at fleshing out the illegal part of the game and is intended to fit as smoothly as possible alongside the vanilla content. It will make your game more difficult and wrong decisions will cost you. On the other hand, there are also some new options to make luck work to your favour.
Latest version: Black Market Expansion
Mod content includes:
- smuggling requires a skillcheck,
- 13 new dockscreens, including:
- repair installed devices,
- members launch for the Black Market Shipyard,
- dockservices inpections,
- redeliver stray Sindikat containers,
- a renewed Commonwealth justice system.
- a new station (the independent shipyard):
- with two new missions (including a new option to get a Black Market ID),
- that can repair devices fitted to your ship,
- that can be less service oriented to players that have no Black Market ID yet,
- that will repair damaged items and armor bought from the player (chance based).
- new NPC ships; including two new gladiators,
- several new items, including:
- a counterfeit personal ID,
- the NAMI assault launcher,
- some additional reactors,
- additional (illegal) trade goods.
- Some stations have their attributes corrected (they needed fixing because those attributes are used in this mod),
- The Commonwealth slums and container habitats no longer have Commonwealth Customs Officers guarding the docking bay,
- The Commonwealth mining colonies have been switched from Commonwealth- to corporate sovereignty,
- The tempus labs now have a recurring production,
- Medical stations will buy certain illegal items,
- Black Market stations do no longer give out unlimited missions,
- The Black Market shipyard now has a members launch, but will no longer install a smugglers cargo hold as a standard service,
- Fuel depots have a (somewhat) improved inventory of fuel in later star systems,
- Repairing your own armor has its limits (based on you experience level),
- The game keeps track of all confiscated items.
Well, no. Not everything is listed here. If you would like to see all the changes, please consult the source code; all changes are listed (in comment block) at the top of the modified entities.
Also, not all planned content made it into this mod. For example, I had planned a counterfeit military ID, but it turned out that the extra functionality did not warant the number of extra entities that required changing. I still have plans to add a casino to the restaurant, but it has to wait for a separate mod, as do the safety deposit boxes. The planned increase in black market storyline and the accompanying missions have also not made it into this release (although some hints as to what has been planned can be found); it will have to wait until I find the time to expand this mod (Black Market Expansion Expanded?).
Game version: 1.3
API Version: 22
Mod name: Black Market Expansion
Mod version: v1.07
Release Date: 2014-06-30
Licence: CC BY-SA (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike)
This mod (unfortunately) overwrites 35 vanilla entities and 4 global lambdas.
The modified global lambdas are:
- intInstallDevicePrepEx and
All modified entities are listed in the UNID declaration in the file: