[Updated] The Solar System to Scale

Post about your finished mods here.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Oooh man, scaling all systems into transcendence to have everything the same size would make a completely different gameplay experience :-) Asteroids being less than 1x1 pixel in size, ships being just a fraction of that. Even Starton Eridani would be invisible : )

On a more serious note, if we keep the scales of the various objects exactly as they are now, but would 'just' make the distances between planets realistic (without changing the 1 pixel = 12,500 km rule), moving from one station to the other would become quite time consuming. Crossing from star to star in a binary system would take longer than I'm prepared to wait, even with autopilot switched on.

This mod made it clear to me just how enormously monstrous the distances between objects in space are even if we are only taking into account our own solar system. I thought I had some idea before, but I did not. I think my understanding was flawed because I'm so used to zooming in and out onto objects and also because almost all the sci-fi visualisations get it wrong or just skip the boring part in between visually attractive planets. The inspiration for this mod came from my idea of writing a sci-fi story/novel that I want to be hard-sf. I will only allow myself one or two fictional bendings of Newtonian physics, limitations in (human) biology, etc. I've by now settled for a story that will be confined to a single planet, because there is just to much complications with sci-fi style interstellar (or even inter-solar) travel.

Transcendence is positioned on the outer edge of space opera, right on the opposite end from
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
Autohummer
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Been playing KSP lately and that gave me a good grasp of the scales of space (even though the KSP system is still highly miniaturized from the real thing.) Wondering how it would work with the gravity mod to make realistic space missions.
Has resurfaced!
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This mod has been updated, the latest version is v1.02

Changelog:
- Updated for Transcendence 1.3
- Changed some unid numbers due to potential conflict

[This version is not compatible with the previous version and requires a new game]

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de